What was the healthiest meal you took this week?

What was the healthiest meal you took this week? I took a bowl of fresh fruits and vegetable salad the day before yesterday on lunch, it was yummy and healthy. What about you?

Replies

• ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    You probably wouldn't consider most of my Paleo meals "healthy" in the standard sense, although they're way healthier than anything I used to eat. But I have been doing a lot of green smoothies this week, which are fully amazing ;) almond milk, almond butter, spinach, and a cup of mix berries, maybe some peaches. Yumm!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    i wasn't really hungry for lunch so i made up a green smoothie too. It was something like parsley, celery, spinach, pear, kiwi and misc citrus fruits. and fresh ginger.

edit: actually most other days are probably 'healthier' as they tend to have a better carb/fats/protein balance in them. But the green smoothie sounds good.
  • Yummm! It's great that how amazing we feel when we realize that we've been eating healthy! :love:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    A really tasty broiled tilapia with sauteed spinach and steamed broccoli. And the veggies were delicious. It all was. I don't eat enough green vegetables other than salad, so having both spinach and broccoli in one lunch was a bit unusual for me!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Tonight's dinner was Thai yellow curry, tofu, zucchini, mini sweet peppers and gold potatoes over brown rice. Super yum.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    I rarely have an unhealthy meal, but the healthiest was roasted cauliflower, roasted carrots and cod with grainy mustard-greek yoghurt coating. Tonight, I'm making veggie-lentil 'meat'balls with mashed potatoes (mashed with chicken broth not milk/butter) and peas/carrots.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Although a tad high calorie, mine was Sushi :)
  • Mm, it'd definitely be zucchini "pizza's" - sliced zucchini, topped with a mix of tomato paste, shortcut bacon and herbs, then grated strong cheddar, roasted. Vegetables and delicious pizza flavour!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Mm, it'd definitely be zucchini "pizza's" - sliced zucchini, topped with a mix of tomato paste, shortcut bacon and herbs, then grated strong cheddar, roasted. Vegetables and delicious pizza flavour!

that sounds amazing!
  • I made zucchini lasagna the other night and actually got my fiance' to say he liked it better than traditional! Less than 400 calories a serving too!
  • Wow! That sounds yummy and healthy. Thank you everyone for sharing the yummy stuff. If you try any other healthy recipe share the recipe too so I can try! :smile:
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    mine was probably what I just ate. YUM.
    It was a barley salad with lemon dressing - 1 cup cooked barley grains, a few handfuls of fresh spinach (out of the garden) shredded, cubed steamed pumpkin, 20 gms craisins - dressing was juice of half lemon and 2ml of olive oil.
    damn that was delicious!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    tonights dinner was pretty good and well balanced:

roasted red pepper and tomato soup with power greens and ground turkey added also half a grilled cheese sandwich with gluten free bread (yuck. i only eat it because i have to) and havarti cheese
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    I take salad every day.
    No lettuce, sometimes spinach, always capsicum, mushroom, tomato, cuecumber, no dressing,
    but I will add either egg, fish, tofu or cottage cheese,
    plus any of the following, fetta, beetroot, sun dried tomatoes, for taste,
    Sweet potatoes,or beans for carbs, and maybe avocado for good oils,
    snow peas or carrot or coleslaw mix for crunch.

I dont have all those at once, I end up with about 8 items a day, so every salad is different and I don't get bored.
    :smile:
  • mine was probably what I just ate. YUM.
    It was a barley salad with lemon dressing - 1 cup cooked barley grains, a few handfuls of fresh spinach (out of the garden) shredded, cubed steamed pumpkin, 20 gms craisins - dressing was juice of half lemon and 2ml of olive oil.
    damn that was delicious!

Sounds perfect for lunch. I will try someday! Thanks!
  • tonights dinner was pretty good and well balanced:

roasted red pepper and tomato soup with power greens and ground turkey added also half a grilled cheese sandwich with gluten free bread (yuck. i only eat it because i have to) and havarti cheese

Perfect dinner and I love tomato soup :love:
  • I take salad every day.
    No lettuce, sometimes spinach, always capsicum, mushroom, tomato, cuecumber, no dressing,
    but I will add either egg, fish, tofu or cottage cheese,
    plus any of the following, fetta, beetroot, sun dried tomatoes, for taste,
    Sweet potatoes,or beans for carbs, and maybe avocado for good oils,
    snow peas or carrot or coleslaw mix for crunch.

I dont have all those at once, I end up with about 8 items a day, so every salad is different and I don't get bored.
    :smile:

I mostly prefer salad for lunch and my salads are different too everyday! :smile:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    OP, I don't steal meals. :laugh: The healthiest would have to be tuna fish over white rice. Sooooo good. :heart:
    I rarely have an unhealthy meal, but the healthiest was roasted cauliflower, roasted carrots and cod with grainy mustard-greek yoghurt coating. Tonight, I'm making veggie-lentil 'meat'balls with mashed potatoes (mashed with chicken broth not milk/butter) and peas/carrots.

*eye roll at you rarely having an unhealthy meals* I rarely eat a healthy meal, so I'm jealous. The veggie-lentil meatballs and mashed potatoes sound good, especially the meatballs. I'm always looking for healthier versions of foods. Is there any special recipe that you like the most for the meatballs?
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    I had a lambs lettuce salad with chicken & piquant pepper dressing, yummy :-)
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    OP, I don't steal meals. :laugh: The healthiest would have to be tuna fish over white rice. Sooooo good. :heart:

*eye roll at you rarely having an unhealthy meals* I rarely eat a healthy meal, so I'm jealous. The veggie-lentil meatballs and mashed potatoes sound good, especially the meatballs. I'm always looking for healthier versions of foods. Is there any special recipe that you like the most for the meatballs?

For actual meat balls, I mix one or two eggs with half a kg of beef (from the butcher--less water that way), s&p, marjoram, garlic, diced onion, and one or two slices of bread (soak with water or milk and squeeze out). Form loaf, bake at 180C for an hour.

For the lentil balls, used 250g red lentils cooked and cooled, diced onion, garlic, s&p, 3 sprigs fresh thyme, oregano, 3 stalks celery diced, 100g shredded cheese (I used gouda), 1 egg, 3 tbsp tomato puree, spoonful grainy mustard and 2 slices soaked bread. Saute the onion, garlic and celery: add to lentils. Mix with rest of ingredients. Form into balls and cool for 30 minutes. Bake at 200C for 30 minutes. Or you can bake as a loaf for 1 hour.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Grilled chicken breast with veggies and butternut squash. Got that a few times this week and it's my lunch again today (ok... I do add barbecue sauce).