259 days (67lbs/30.9Kgs)

Options
After a midlife crisis just 2 days before my 40th birthday on February 24th 2013, i had a life changing momenyt and with a new gym opening up just a 8 min walk from me i decided enough was enough and time for a change

I was 111Kgs and 3 week later diagnosed with critical Level 2 Hypertension and put on appropriate medication, my previous 20yrs consisted of junk food, ice coffee, soft drinks and cordial hooked upto my veins and endless food with little exercise.

within 6 months of my birthday i had dropped my blood pressure back to normal levels and no longer require medication for it.
i have gone from a size 107cm pant size and XXL clothing to currently sitting loosly in a 90cm and medium/large clothing. stomach almost has abs tho they are flabby :)

and all it took was a total transformation of cutting out the junk food cold turkey, going to the gym 6 days a week extra walking for the first 6 months then i cut back on the extra exercise and every now and then throw in a snack but still no Macca's. Hungry Jacks or KFC since before i started.

Don't let people tell you it's all about exercising like a maniac and eating next to nothing, that will just lead to stalls and irritability, moderation is the key i went full on for 6 months and lost too much too quick which has left me with loose skin, not alot but enough to irritate me. Anyway to cut a long story short i track my TDEE via a fitbit and my job is alot more on my feet these days i burn around 2800 without doing any "intentional" exercise. 2300 cals is my common daily goal, not too much to eat and not too little to underfeed the body.

Hope my short tale can inspire others, if i can do it so can you it just takes balls and being pigheaded :)
Warning photo are partial nudity to prove a point, sorry for blinding anyone with my milky skin

38722420_2283.jpg February 24th 111Kgs.
38722420_3492.jpg

38722420_1435.jpg this was taken just a week ago.

Replies

• styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Damn fine work mate!
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss I bet it feels great to purchase size M/L again and not the Xxl
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options

actually before i started i was on the verge of having to buy bigger clothes again and over the last 9 months i've still had to buy several lots of clothes cause i kept shrinking too much lol.... Moral of the story wait til you get near your goal then buy clothes haha
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Wow!!
  • CSJAN12014
    Options
    Brilliant effort Paul!!!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing and inspire me all the time. You're a great friend to have on here.:smile:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing and inspire me all the time. You're a great friend to have on here.:smile:

ditto to all of you
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Took your advice today, having lost a few inches off my waist I decided not to buy a new pair of shorts in XL (was Xxl) but wait until I can get a L

actually before i started i was on the verge of having to buy bigger clothes again and over the last 9 months i've still had to buy several lots of clothes cause i kept shrinking too much lol.... Moral of the story wait til you get near your goal then buy clothes haha
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! That is a huge difference!! Well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!