Net calories

s50s
s50s Posts: 138 Member
How important is it to eat your net calories?

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    muy importante
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    The question doesn't make sense.
  • s50s
    What I should have said was: How important is it to eat back calories so that your net calories are above your BMR?
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Scooby's online calculator puts my BMR at 1492. On days that I exercise I eat back most of my exercise calories and my net will typically be around 1100-1200. Many people are against this practice on MFP, but I lose approximately 2 lbs/week and I feel great! I would never go below that though!
  • liezele0323
    liezele0323 Posts: 25 Member
    It is very important to get plenty of calories in throughout the day especially if you work out! your body needs food to fuel you through those workouts. But it is also important to get the RIGHT calories in. Just because you limit yourself to 1,200 calories per day, and near the end of the day, you see you have another 400 calories you can "allow" yourself, doesn't mean to go have a few beers. This is something my hubby was famous for doing.
  • s50s
    Scooby's online calculator puts my BMR at 1492. On days that I exercise I eat back most of my exercise calories and my net will typically be around 1100-1200. Many people are against this practice on MFP, but I lose approximately 2 lbs/week and I feel great! I would never go below that though!

Scooby has mine at 1602. I also have a fitbit and that puts in my activity. I have mine calories to start the day at 1450 (fitbit set that) and then adds calories on for my activity.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member

Scooby has mine at 1602. I also have a fitbit and that puts in my activity. I have mine calories to start the day at 1450 (fitbit set that) and then adds calories on for my activity.

I want a fitbit sooooo bad! Which one do you have?
  • s50s

One
  • s50s

One

Fitbit One