Does Green Tea Curb Cravings?

Options
I have heard that Green Tea curbs cravings. Does anyone know if this is true? I am looking to kick my Starbucks Chai tea habit. Tomorrow is my "Chai Quit day" LOL! I know that plain home steeped chai is good for you, but I get the Chai Lattes, and they are 200-300 calories! EEK!

Anyway, i am hoping to switch to Green Tea instead, with Splenda.

So does anyone know...does green tea curb cravings?

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Yes!!! It works wonderss! It curbs cravings, gets rid of hunger, and boosts your metabolism ALL FOR 0 CALORIES!!! It truly is a miracle drink. I really suggest getting rid of the starbucks stuff. It's reallyyyyy unhealthy. Let yourself have it as a treat sometimes, but switching to regular green tea will be veryyyy beneficial!
  • socialkombat
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, of course, but i have found it does! When I feel myself on the edge of a binge, drinking green tea makes the craving stop - it's why I keep it in my desk drawer at work. It reduces the chance of heading down the hall to the vending machine!
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If ever you feel the need... I make my own Chai tea at home now too *sigh* I miss Starbucks. Try Twinings of LONDON Chai Tea with 2 Splenda and 2 tablespoons of Sugar Free Coffee-Mate Vanilla Caramel Creamer (60 calories)
    I have heard that Green Tea curbs cravings. Does anyone know if this is true? I am looking to kick my Starbucks Chai tea habit. Tomorrow is my "Chai Quit day" LOL! I know that plain home steeped chai is good for you, but I get the Chai Lattes, and they are 200-300 calories! EEK!

Anyway, i am hoping to switch to Green Tea instead, with Splenda.

So does anyone know...does green tea curb cravings?
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I have been needing to kick this habit for a while now!
  • sarahwright01
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I have been needing to kick this habit for a while now!
  • sarahwright01
    Options
    Tthank you for the advice! At my work we don't hve a vending machine (thank god!) but we do have a community snack table I have te hardest time avoiding!