Stopping it NOW

Options
So this summer I started and completed a 90 day JMBR and felt great!! It wasn't just the weight loss and inches that were gone that felt great it was the knowing that I had the strength and the determination to see this through. I was on a roll!!!

Then..... I finished the program and thought...now what??? I looked at other programs but didn't want to spend the money on them and my time commitments were changing with our fall schedules and I admit- although I thought I had done great I also thought I would look a little more different with the end results so I was somewhat disappointed. I also was disappointed at the lack of outside recognition. I thought about how damn hard I was working everyday and thought to myself "why can't more people acknowledge my new strength and look!" (I was way too wrapped up in myself)

So.... I decided to take some time off. I had a tons of good reasons - time, body needed to rest, adjust to new schedules, I didn't have a lot left to lose anyway, I could handle it, you name it I used it as an excuse. But what I was really doing was POUTING. I was pouting that this weight that I have put on over a period of two years did not come off in 12 weeks. I was pouting that however great I felt I did not think enough people acknowledged how great I thought I LOOKED. In other words- I was more worried about other people than about me. And that does not work for a long term healthy life style change.

Here I am again..... Stopping it NOW... It has been almost two months and I have thought about working out everyday... THOUGHT about it but haven't done anything about it. Thought about it while laying around in my comfy clothes eating eating eating.... and the stuff I have been eating..... whooo! I don't even want to mention it. But I have felt like crap again- stomach hurt, sluggish, headaches,

So this past weekend I gave myself a stern talking to, got a few priorities straight about exactly who I am on this journey for, and mapped out a plan. My comeback workout yesterday sucked *kitten* in the most wonderful way. I am now sitting here with morning after sore muscles that make me groan with a smile. Welcome back Pain!! :)

I have updated my stats Honestly and it killed me to add back 4 pounds and 2 inches but I am going to do this for ME and what I want which starts with honesty and me doing the work needed that I am proud of. So Here I Go Again!

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! As you've figured out, this needs to be a permanent lifestyle change for long term success. I'm betting you'll do a great job.:flowerforyou:
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Keep on it!

Nobody ever, ever looks back on keeping themselves fit and healthy and says, "God, I am so disappointed that I missed that Walking Dead / Doritos marathon just so I could workout."

Pick up a sport, or at least a good-intensity activity you can do with other people. Intrinsic motivation, socialization, and external reinforcement. There are all kinds of things you can find to do and put in any schedule.