Before and After - Feb 2012 to Nov 2013

Options
alienrite
alienrite Posts: 314 Member
I just wanted to share the picture of my before and after. When I was going through the process myself, it was so important to me to see how others had transformed themselves. For me it was a slow and steady process where consistency as the most important thing. In the past, I had always relied on maximal effort and failed. Looking back, I always expected too much of myself and somehow thought if I lived an extreme life that I would have an extreme physique. The reality was I needed to be patient and loving towards myself. I needed to keep eating in check and my calorie deficit consistent and reasonable. I needed to accept that I wasn’t going to run a marathon or bust out 100 pushups but I could work out every day before work for at least 15 minutes and proudly managed it for 14 months straight without missing a single day. For me, the consistent calorie deficit largely maintained by limiting my food was what caused me to lose weight. The workouts helped a little with the weight loss but mostly the workouts just made me feel great and allowed me to live life more fully. Looking back on my time, the most valuable days were the ones where I logged my failures or where I exercised when I really didn’t “feel” like it. Avoiding the reality of our failures and shortcomings is avoiding a big part of our lives and who we really are. Success comes from accepting the whole me and concentrating mostly on the things where I fall short and struggle the most. Today I am smiling at my success and hoping that by sharing the reality that it is possible without any gimmicks or tricks or heroics. Enjoy and live life fully!!

42f1513c-3ac9-443d-80d4-69cf970c6446_zps073b7b66.jpg

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Have I mentioned lately how much you inspire me?
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    what an amazing job you've done. simply incredible.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You're amazing.
    That is all :)
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You should be SO proud of yourself! Not only for your physical accomplishments, but for the smart, practical and kind to yourself means of getting there. Congratulations again and again!
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! I am so proud of you!!!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I agree -- these types of posts are so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference :smile:
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "Looking back on my time, the most valuable days were the ones where I logged my failures or where I exercised when I really didn’t “feel” like it. Avoiding the reality of our failures and shortcomings is avoiding a big part of our lives and who we really are. Success comes from accepting the whole me and concentrating mostly on the things where I fall short and struggle the most."

THIS!
  • stardust92
    stardust92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow absolutely amazing. Way to go!!:drinker:
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Your approach is sound and what a difference it has made....just great!
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    . Avoiding the reality of our failures and shortcomings is avoiding a big part of our lives and who we really are. Success comes from accepting the whole me and concentrating mostly on the things where I fall short and struggle the most.

I love this so much. Thank you.
  • K8sgreat
    K8sgreat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ah-mazing! great job and so inspiring!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look awesome
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Man, you killed it!!!!!!!!!!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations.
  • amanda7630
    Options
    This is amazing and your words are so inspiring!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Really great work on yourself.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great post!!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You have done a GREAT job! You look fantastic :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!