unintentionally eating under my calorie goal...

TegoChiko
TegoChiko Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've only just started this program but I've been noticing that I constantly eat under the goal that was set for me which is 1200 calories. I haven't changed the amount of food I normally eat but sometimes it's a significant difference (for example sometimes I only eat 700 calories! :frown: ). Is it dangerous for me to be eating less than the amount of calories the program says for me to eat? I exercise regularly but maybe the weight I've been losing is muscle mass?

Sorry if its a strange question but I don't really understand a lot about all of this...

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    hello

im not an expert by any means but from what i understand that if you do exercise and under eat then yes you could be losing muscle mass. Its also probably slowing your metabolism by putting you into starvation mode eating under 1200 cals, Try adding some extra protein into your diet to help boost cals and repair muscles after exercise
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    It sounds silly to say, but are you recording everything morsel of food correctly? Only 700 calories in a day doesn't sound like much at all, so makes me wonder if you're recording the right quantities etc. Anyway, all the best for your goals!
  • Eating more protein sounds like a good idea! It was so consistent that I decided I'd ask other people on the same boat as me. I'll try that.

Thanks so much! :smile:
  • It sounds silly to say, but are you recording everything morsel of food correctly? Only 700 calories in a day doesn't sound like much at all, so makes me wonder if you're recording the right quantities etc. Anyway, all the best for your goals!

I thought I was... maybe I should be more careful from now on. It surprised me too
This discussion has been closed.