Worst things said to you about your weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My ex called me a fat cow while we were together.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ouch, talk about the wrong time and place D: My father told me I was fat at my 11th birthday party, and that I should let the other kids have my cake lol. Also, horrible timed.

My mother turned round to me and said "I would have bought you a cake but you are fat enough already".
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "You look fine". I was 15 pounds short of morbid obesity.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    No one says anything bluntly rotten. If I say anything about being fat my friends say no. Love them but they are dubbing. My parent who is renowned for their thinness and a rock star in the organization for losing weight makes comments to me about her being fat when she is underweight. I hear this all the time. Keep in mind while telling me this I am 120 lbs heavier. Talks weight and diet non stop and has for years . I hate to hear about ever morsel that is eaten. No one cares!!! It is in every conversation. Seriously it is ridiculous. I get to hear comments about people and how they are fat blah blah blah! I once commented a friend and I were thinking about joining. It was urged I not. WTH???
  • steph6467
    steph6467 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have only been 10 to 15 lbs overweight most of my life, so not too many unkind things said (at least to my face). The only time I was bordering on obese was shortly after I had my babies, and I guess my friends and family knew better then to level negative comments at someone postpartum. :)

I was pretty hurt when my bff, who has always been about the same size as me, lost 20 lbs and then passed on all of her 'fat jeans' to me. Ouch.

And the other hurtful comment was yelled at me by a redneck speeding by in his pickup. I was walking hand in hand with my husband and he screamed "fat *kitten*" at me. I was only about 15 lbs overweight @ 5' 5" and well within "average" for a 37 year old mom of 4! It was really painful though. :(

I agree with the previous poster that mentioned the most cutting an painful persecutions have come from myself to myself.