Inactive Prep Time:10 min
    Cook Time:35 min
    Level: Easy
    Serves:4 servings.

Ingredients

1/4 cup good olive oil
    3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
    1/3 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
    1 lemon

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don't allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.

Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.

Copyright 2013 Television Food Network G.P.
    All Rights Reserved
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Yum ! Is the chicken bone in considering the skin on. Thanks. :)
  • nami_cat
    Options
    This is my go-to citrus chicken marinade:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/citrus-marinated-chicken-thighs

I use boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of bone-in chicken thighs, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on how big the breasts are. Basically I just steal the marinade from the recipe above and substitute in chicken breasts. :)
  • pita7317
    Options
    Hubby prefers thighs, so a good combo dinner choice. Thanks.
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This recipe for Grilled Lemon Chicken from Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) is my favorite, and you can use boneless thighs if you want, or a combo.

Grilled Lemon Chicken:

Ingredients
    3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
    3/4 cup good olive oil
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
    2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, halved and skin removed
    Directions
    Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over the chicken breasts in a nonreactive bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.

Heat a charcoal grill and cook the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/grilled-lemon-chicken-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

I also love the lemon chicken salad she makes with this chicken-though its summery:

GRILLED LEMON CHICKEN SALAD
    Ina Garten

INGREDIENTS
    • 2 pounds Grilled Lemon Chicken (recipe above)
    • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 large lemon)
    • 1/4 cup good olive oil
    • 1 cup raw sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed
    • 1/2 red bell pepper, julienne
    • 1 lemon, thinly sliced
    • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    DIRECTIONS
    Slice the chicken breasts diagonally in 3/8 - inch thick slices. Toss them in a bowl with their juices plus the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar snap peas, red and yellow bell peppers, lemon slices, salt and pepper.
    Season to taste and serve.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    http://www.noreciperequired.com/recipe/rosemary-lemon-chicken

For some reason a popup keeps showing and won't go away but you can read most of the recipe behind it. You basically marinate your chicken with some oil, rosemary, and garlic. Then pan cook it on low-medium heat so as not to burn the garlic. Then you take the chicken out and basically deglaze the pan with water, lemon juice, and some more rosemary. It makes a nice little sauce for the chicken. The oil and butter can probably be substituted if needed but I've made it with 2 breasts and about 500 calories due to the oil and butter. So you'd have to sub/reduce those however you'd like to. But I would just serve it with some steamed broccoli and the sauce on the broccoli as well and had a nice meal.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ugh lemon chicken, i love you, thanks for this thread!
  • erandi101
    Options
    This isn't for lemon chicken, just spicy chicken but I came across this and it's so delicious I had to share!

I use skinless chicken drumsticks. Toss them in a bowl and add black pepper, red crushed pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, Montreal chicken seasoning, and chicken bullion powder. I don't measure any of the ingredients. Mix so all the drumsticks are coated lightly with the seasonings. Place chicken in a large aluminum tray (for easy clean up) and make sure the pieces don't overlap. Stick the tray in the oven for 30 minutes at 440 degrees. Then after 30 minutes, flip the drumsticks so they evenly cook and leave in the oven for another thirty minutes. Then you're all done! Enjoy!
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Now I know what to have for dinner!

My Lebanese grandma used marinate chicken "wing" pieces in fresh lemon juice, salt, garlic, mint & Tahini (sesame paste) overnight then grill them on really hot coals and finish them in a 350 oven after they get a good char on them. The dip in garlic sauce or hummos or yogurt...

So...off to the store for wings and lemons! Love to my grandma...
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here's my go-to lemon chicken recipe. Prep is ~10 minutes, the rest is just letting it bake. Each serving is just under 300 calories depending on what kind of breadcrumb/butter, etc. you use.

Baked Lemon & Garlic Chicken for Two

2 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tsp oregano or basil
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 tbsp butter, melted
    1/4 cup breadcrumb

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In small bowl mix together melted together lemon juice, melted butter, salt, pepper, organ and garlic. Dredge chicken in mixture and cover in breadcrumb. Bake for ~35 min at 400 degrees. Pour excess lemon/butter mixture into baking dish about 10-15 minutes before taking out of oven. It makes a nice sauce that I usually pour over the chicken.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,064 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Gonna make this for supper, sound yummy , thank you:flowerforyou:
  • pita7317
    Options
    Happy ! Happy with all these ideas ! Thanks.