In the home stretch.....

Options
this journey has been great....not just the weight loss and improved health....but the byproduct of finding yourself, remembering your passions and finding new dreams along the way :) It's truly a change that's more than just physical! I've lost 58 and I'm down to the last 6 pounds until I hit my original goal weight. I'm looking for some new friends who are in a similar situation.

We've had some great successes, achieved most of our goals, and we are in the "home stretch"......it's not so much "motivation" we hope to find....but a "like mindedness" that we've done a lot of hard work, we have learned how to make this a priority in our lives, and we are ready to "learn from each other and share experiences" rather than "cheer each other on when you finish the day under your calorie goal". If this sounds like you please consider sending a friend request.....:)

Replies

• musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats.....you will be a great support to others!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Awww...thank you....looks like you are well on your way to goal as well! Sounds like I may not find some friends in the home stretch :(
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in the home stretch and have been up and down for the last 5lbs a while. i am running more and getting ready to start lifting more at home so trying not to worry with the number so much. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • dianakayt
    Options
    I'm in the home stretch too!! It has been great, and there is a part of me that has been thinking about how different things will be once I'm at my goal weight. I'm worried about maintaining... Congrats on all your hard work!!!
  • BobcatGirl110
    Options
    Thanks....FRs sent :). Anyone else in home stretch?
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I am also in the home stretch......just 1 lb to go! We got this! I'm also nervous and scared about maintenance. I plan to start lifting once I hit my goal, to form some new goals!
  • luckyjoy17
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new here.I don't know if what i'm eating is too much or too little.This is what i ate yesterday

breakfast-half an apple
    lunch-1/4 cup rice and 1/2 fried fish
    snacks-one cream cracker
    dinner-one fried fish,3 pieces of carrot and one slice of brinjal
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hurray, I am in the home stretch as well! Six more pounds. There'll still be work to do once I hit my goal weight, as I have some toning up needed, and I know maintenance itself can present new challenges, but super excited :) This journey has definitely been amazing.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! You've done SO well!
  • raselrony
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BobcatGirl110
    Options
    Thanks guys.....appreciate it....even the "home stretch" is a new and difficult experience so having people in the same stage of their journey is important and encouraging so if you are close please consider joining me in these last lbs and in the next stages :). For those of you who still have a long road....hang in there.....you'll be so glad you did!
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    hi...I am in the home sretch also. Winding right down to maintenance, in no vast hurry to get there. For me it is now ALL about the "mindset" of maintenance. Rarely logging now....I am just trying to eat sensibly 80% of the time....been working well (so far!!). Friend me, if you like :smile:
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :smile: . I have about 10-12 pounds left to go.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Sending you a fr, I'm down to my final 8 lbs. How exciting!!
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    45 lbs down and 4 more to go... I've been in the "home stretch" for a couple months now but in the past few weeks have re-committed myself to reaching my final goal so I can FINALLY go into maintenance :) Let's go peeps!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have less than 10 lbs to go 5 to my "high goal", more for my holiday, want some Xmas cookies, etc. goal. ; )

I have been so careful, I don't know how to adjust to less...I know at 54 I need to keep exercising, that is what made the pounds come on after menopause and mindless eating. It's exhilarating and kind of scary to be near goal. I guess it's a lot of trial and error...hopefully will be starting the New Year with goals that are similar but not as strict.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I met my goal about 2 months ago. I am finding maintenance a little tricky. It is hard to get out of weight loss mode. I've dipped 5 pounds under but thanksgiving is coming. I'm sure I'll be able to get those 5 back no problem!
    Feel free to add me as you will soon be where I am : )
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see like minded people. I have lost 20 pounds and in the home stretch also. 5-10 more.
    I would welcome any friend requests and sending one your way.
  • theresalb
    theresalb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the home stretch now too. I'm .8 lbs away from the high end of the goal that my doctor and I set and about 10 away from what I consider my low end. I've been fighting the same two pounds for the last few weeks. I'd enjoy some friends in the same place. I'm torn between transitioning to maintenance now or waiting for those 10 lbs to be gone. It's a whole new, scary place to be.
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HI!!
    Was I happy to read your post about the home stretch or what!?! I have been working since March and have lost 31 pounds the right way.. the hard work pays off way. :) I have five more to lose before I am going into maintenance mode and there are so many emotions going off for me right now. Most of the emotions are awesome like pride and true joy but I would be lying if I said I didn't have lots of fear about it too. I don't ever want to gain that weight back.

I'd love to know if people have started saying things to you like, "You don't need to lose any more weight" because I've heard that a couple times and it feels like someone pulled a rug out from under me for some reason. I start doubting myself and I know for a fact that my goal weight is a healthy one. I'm 5'7 and my goal is 148-150 and I'm 154 now. I have a pretty large frame and muscles so I don't think I'd feel comfortable being much lower than that. In no way, should people be telling me I need to stop losing weight. It just isn't correct. So frustrating.

This home stretch has lasted a long time for me with a really long plateau when I started working out hard at the gym this summer. I stopped losing lbs then but my muscles have gotten defined and my clothes fit great. Instead of letting the plateau get to me, I realized that this process is going to take a long time for me. (I am a pretty impatient person, too.) Giving up just isn't one of my options.

Just recently, I've gotten a heart rate monitor and realized I've been over training and working with my heart rate too high for the fat burn zone. It's weird to slow down with it (cardio) but the scale has actually started to budge again in my favor so I'm going to go for the gold. And that is where you come in. Let's do this together! You have come so far and so have I. There is nothing that would make me happier than to have someone who is understanding of this part of the journey. I'm here daily and mostly late night (Eastern US) but usually comment, check out diaries, & always answer messages.. also love having new ideas for menus and exercises from new pals. If there is any way I can support you or encourage you, let me know! I really look forward to getting to know you. Thanks for a great topic.

~Jasmine