HOW realistic is it to loose 10 pounds in 1 month?

Options
13»

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Very realistic. A fitness trainer told me that it is possible and healthy to lose upto 20 pounds in a month. Also if you look at Jillian's 30 day shred it says by following that you can lose upto 20 pounds. :)

Up to* twenty pounds. Meaning that's the absolute most you're likely to lose. Most people will lose 5.

Also, fitness trainers' expertise extends to effective exercises. Most aren't nutritionists or doctors.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It might be realistic in the sense that it can be achieved, but I don't think I would recommend it. Usually a couple pounds a week is the most you'd want to try to lose. Take your time unless there is some kind of emergency... which I can't imagine there would be.

Although if you do try it, don't blame me when you become very hangry. :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Very realistic. A fitness trainer told me that it is possible and healthy to lose upto 20 pounds in a month. Also if you look at Jillian's 30 day shred it says by following that you can lose upto 20 pounds. :)

Lol. I would suggest never taking nutritional advice from that guy again.
  • sirvivor007
    sirvivor007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If your bf is 30% or greater you can lose 10 pounds the healthy way. Cut your calories by 500 per day and burn 500 calories per day in exercise. That will put you in the 8-10 lb loss range. Good luck.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If your bf is 30% or greater you can lose 10 pounds the healthy way. Cut your calories by 500 per day and burn 500 calories per day in exercise. That will put you in the 8-10 lb loss range. Good luck.

I would double check my math if I were you.
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, started at 117kg (257pd) and have been consistently losing weight for the past 10 weeks.

I am sticking to 1300cal five days a week and up to 1600 cal two days a week, going to the gym 3-4 times a week and burning between 500-700 cal each time.

I had a total of 92pd to lose and so far have lost 22pd in 10 weeks.

I know the last time I had to lose all of this weight I was able to consistently lose 1kg (2.2) a week and although I've had big weeks and small weeks this time, its still averaging out to the same rate of loss, so yes it can be done, but I also put in a lot of effort physically and I have a lot of fat to burn. I do weights every time I go to the gym as well which has made a lot of different, but positive changes this time around.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I think if you cut out foods high in sodium and all refined carbs and sugars, you could lose that much... but then be prepared to gain weight once you eat those foods again.

I know someone who cut out salt and she lost 4 lbs in 3 days.
  • vanillabeans001
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks. I drink 1 pint of fresh squeezed juice daily. I change the recipe often, but it always includes 1 entire bunch of celery, two whole large cucumbers, an entire bunch of spinach and two granny smith apples. for food, I eat chia seed pudding or overnight oats with fruit in the morning, for lunch I allow myself to eat an healthy meal I want, sometimes some steak with a baked sweet potato and asparagus, sometimes an egg, sunny side up, on a whole grain gluten free slice of bread with avocado and salt and pepper.. pretty much whatever I feel like.. i just watch the portion sizes. for dinner I have a salad. my favorite is spinach with chicken, grapes, apples, cucumber and a raspberry vinaigrette that I make from scratch in my blender. So it is realistic to lose 10 lbs in a month, because I did it... and you can too! :)