Easing back into life.

marymooster
marymooster Posts: 134 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi every one. I am on the site now about a month. I have been on a program complete food replacement for 5months... I have lost 94 pounds and feel great. Have been losing weight all of my adult life... and am about to turn 55 and I will for the first time. weigh the least I have ever weighed since I was 25 so that is 30 year of this .

I have found fitness pal as a great tool to keep me focused and aware of my eating. Yesteday... I had my first breakout day... and even at a break out I went around 500 - 700 cals over my allotment.... USed to I would only be getting started at that.

But the absolute beauty of this is that I am not haveiin the same emotional satisfaction from eating... Which led me down that long dark road... It's just food.... Good food great food... but just food.... and for the first time in my life I can look at something and say... nah not this time... and really be ok in my soul. I can't tell you the absolute freedom of it...

the most importatnt things I could say to anyone who has experienced those things is.

Be aware
be consistent
Couciously peel the emotion out of the food and figure out what is it you are really feeding.
Don't stress, Don't worry.,
Laugh and have fun,...
Good luck to all... be happy and be healthy

Replies

• borgi77
    borgi77 Posts: 61
    Well done :) we all have those breakouts, you did so well, I find I log all my breakouts, I been doing this four like four months today and it is so important to see where any improvements can be done, and you did excellent just to go over 500-700!

Congrats on being the skinniest in 30 years you must be feeling great!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Wonderful job on your weight loss. I agree, this site is a vital tool for me to help me lose the weight. And my approach to weight loss these days is so much healthier then when I was younger. Now I do it be active and healthy and I am, and I feel great.
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks for all the support . have kicked in the exercise today.... keeping my balanceing act going. Best wishes to all.
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Congrats, great job and you should be so proud! I have been dragging around the same weight for 25 yrs so I can relate. Looking forward to following your journey: )
This discussion has been closed.