Need easy ideas for fish

crazybxrmom
crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Ok so I do not like fish...but in an effort to eat healthier I am aware this is something I must teach myself to like. So I am looking for ideas of mild fish and ways to prepare them. HAs to be easy as I eat dinner at work nightly so either microwave or reheatable. (i work retail)Thanks In advance.

Replies

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    I am not a HUGE fan of fish either. But do like plain cod. No breading or skin. I wrap in foil and cook in oven for 30 mins. I would say you could reheat via microwave or maybe steam in microwave. I am just not a fan of microwave cooking.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    BUMP!!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    I love salmon and it is so easy to roast or poach ,its lovely on a bed of sweet mashed potatoe sometimes I sprinkle a little jerk seasoning on the salmon and mash the sweet pots with a tiny bit of the water I have cooked them in ,theres my tea sorted for tomorrow :)
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Tilapia Filets roasted in aluminum foil wrap with any salsa. Amazing!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I too recommend tilapia and cod, both are a nice mild tender fish. I also wrap mine in foil, usually with some lemon juice or teriyaki marinade (though it's salty - careful) and seasoning of choice - Old Bay is good, or Mrs Dash.
  • Lynz888
    Lynz888 Posts: 17 Member
    I agree on tilapia! Gorge Foreman grill +tilapia + lime juice + Cheyenne pepper = tasty!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    how do your do your fish wrapped in aluminum? i need to try this!
  • Baja-Battered Fish

You may not think of fish as a taco ingredient, but the Mexican-inspired fish-taco craze is beginning to spread. Once you've had one, you'll understand. This recipe is a healthful version of the battered, deep-fried and crispy fish at Rossy's Tacos in Baja California.

8 servings, about 1 1/2 ounces each | Active Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients
    •3/4 cup beer, preferably lager or pilsner
    •1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    •1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
    •1/2 teaspoon salt
    •1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    •1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    •1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    •1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    •1-1 1/4 pounds tilapia, or other firm white fish, sliced into 1/2-inch-by-2-inch strips
    •3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
    Preparation
    1.Place beer, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, oregano, mustard, cayenne and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer the batter to a shallow baking dish. Add fish, turning to coat all sides.
    2.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer one-third of the battered fish to the pan, placing each piece into a little oil. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer cooked fish to a plate; keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon oil and half the remaining fish to the pan; cook as directed above, reducing the heat if necessary. Cook the remaining fish with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Serve immediately.
    Nutrition
    Per serving : 120 Calories; 6 g Fat; 0 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 33 mg Cholesterol; 4 g Carbohydrates; 11 g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 112 mg Sodium; 180 mg Potassium

Exchanges: 2 lean meat

Tips & Notes
    •Make Ahead Tip: The fish is best when served immediately, but will keep, wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. To reheat, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375°F.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    My mouth started to water reading this. I'm gonna try it tonight!
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks I am going to try out some of these ideas. Keep them coming. I am trying to eat better.
This discussion has been closed.