Who else is ill at the moment?

Options
I have pretty much every winter bug going and it's horrible! Haven't been able to run, cycle, or swim for nearly a month now :( Just want to get back to full fitness and get out there

Though on the other hand coughing does seem to be a good ab workout and I have dropped a couple of pounds from it....

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My fiance.. And he keeps doing a lot of stuff he's not meant to..
    I know he's sick, so.. I won't hold all his.. Mess-ups against him. Actually, I won't hold myself up against him, don't want to get sick, too! Who's going to go to the store and get him soup if I get sick, too XD

Typo.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Me. The head cold is slowly moving it's way into my chest. I had a tickle in my nose/throat on Monday and was able to work out. Skipped Tuesday for feeling awful and Wednesday for knowing I wouldn't make it through the cardio with as stuffed up as I was. I did go to the lifting class last night which isn't as cardio intensive.

I'm sure some of my family, friends and co-workers are looking at me like "well, that's what you get for doing the Tough Mudder in the cold and besides, who knows what was in that water", lol. I'll take the cold to go along with the feeling of accomplishment over the regret of not doing it.
  • BranDiesel_27
    Options
    I am slightly sick as well
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Me. The head cold is slowly moving it's way into my chest. I had a tickle in my nose/throat on Monday and was able to work out. Skipped Tuesday for feeling awful and Wednesday for knowing I wouldn't make it through the cardio with as stuffed up as I was. I did go to the lifting class last night which isn't as cardio intensive.

I'm sure some of my family, friends and co-workers are looking at me like "well, that's what you get for doing the Tough Mudder in the cold and besides, who knows what was in that water", lol. I'll take the cold to go along with the feeling of accomplishment over the regret of not doing it.
    I sincerely applaud you. Life: You're doing it right. :)
    I've been DYING to go to one of those, but sadly I'll have to wait.. I don't do well in cold and wet.. Either, separately, fine. Together? No way lol.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I sincerely applaud you. Life: You're doing it right. :)
    I've been DYING to go to one of those, but sadly I'll have to wait.. I don't do well in cold and wet.. Either, separately, fine. Together? No way lol.

I signed up back in January so I'd have a goal, and a reward, for all the hard work I'd be putting in over the year. It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait till next year when I'll be even lighter and in better shape.

We were lucky that the weather turned out so well on Saturday. November in North Carolina can be so iffy and just the weekend before we were dealing with lows of 29º. Thankfully that day it was close to 70º and the night before it was in the mid-50s.

I agree, getting into cold water sucked but honestly, because we were running so much, 11(ish) miles, I warmed up pretty well. Hopefully you can find a run in a warmer month not dead of summer because I'll take the cold over heat any day. You can always warm up with running but it's a bit harder to cool down (and stay hydrated) and they got you out of the Walk the Plank pool pretty quickly, lol.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    I am.
    I have been ill for the past month.
    Have lost a wee bit of weight too.
    Trying to fight the winter bug.
    *Hug*

So... We just went to visit my fiance's mom after the movies etc etc.
    She's got a cold, too. So does my fiance's brother. I'm lucky I haven't caught anything, usually I'm the first to always catch something, but this time I seem to have slipped right from under its nose. Here's to hoping.
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    In the last four weeks or so of being under the weather, I've somehow lost six pounds despite all the comfort eating... I'm not complaining (especially since it's brought me to the 'normal' BMI category and acheived my 2013 goal), but if it continues I will be quite worried