P90X Day 1 August 16th

Options
Here we go!!!! I did Chest and back + ab ripper! Great workout! My shoulders are feelin it fo-show!!! :bigsmile:

Join me - root me on - the thread is a great motivator for me!! Allow me to motivate you!

Let's kick some *kitten*!!!!

P.S. Thanks Lizzie for making this possible!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I just finished my third week and I feel great.
  • SchockWave
    Options
    Hello, my name is Joe, I am deployed in the middle east from another 4 months and I will be starting P90X on the 25th Or as soon as I get the heart rate monitor watch that my wife is sending me. I don't have much space and I'm really worried aout the diet part of P90X, I know it is a major part of the overall plan, you think if I just cut back on the amount of food I eat, it will still be ok? I wish you luck with the program, as well as myself, I never stuck with anything long enough to have it help becase of time being a factor, out here I hoping that won't be problem.
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its AWESOME! Just starting Round 1 week 3 today. You can do it. Don't worry if you can or can't do everything they can do. Do your best forget the rest, and it will get easier as you go. Feel free to add me.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I just finished my third week and I feel great.

Thanks! :)
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Hello, my name is Joe, I am deployed in the middle east from another 4 months and I will be starting P90X on the 25th Or as soon as I get the heart rate monitor watch that my wife is sending me. I don't have much space and I'm really worried aout the diet part of P90X, I know it is a major part of the overall plan, you think if I just cut back on the amount of food I eat, it will still be ok? I wish you luck with the program, as well as myself, I never stuck with anything long enough to have it help becase of time being a factor, out here I hoping that won't be problem.

Hi, Joe! First off - THANK YOU!!!!
    Second.....I am a bit worried about the diet as well. I am not following it 100%! I can't afford to. So I am just looking at the menu and trying to have similar items - for now, high protein low carb for the fat shredder phase. UGH! I love bread and pasta!
    I bet your menu options are slim there, huh? Hmmmmm......any ideas MFPs????
    You came top the right place, Joe......someone will have perfect advice! :wink:
    As for the space....I can relate. I hit the fan with my left hand and my lamp with my right......gonna have to arrange my living room! LOL Especially for plyo!!!!
    Good luck, Joe!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Its AWESOME! Just starting Round 1 week 3 today. You can do it. Don't worry if you can or can't do everything they can do. Do your best forget the rest, and it will get easier as you go. Feel free to add me.

Thanks a bunch! :)
  • dobneym
    dobneym Posts: 4
    Options
    SchockWave, I'm not sure if you're doing MRE's or chow hall over there in the sandbox. If you're doing MRE's, you should be good as it's got a decent balance of carbs/fat/proteins. MRE's are a little high in sodium though, so avoid putting more salt on the food.

If you're doing chow hall it's going to be a bit tougher because you can't control how the food's cooked. Stick with salad with meats, cottage cheese, eggs, some vieggies.

Main thing is, is P90X is pretty intense, I'd say it's 10X tougher than getting cycled in bootcamp. Rainman never made me sweat as bad as ole Tony Horton does. You absolutely want to make sure you're eating 5-6 small meals a day, so far from what this site is calculating, each workout is burning nearly 1900 (or more) calories.

Regarding room to do the exercise, I've got a 10X20' living room and 2 people are doing P90X comfortably without hitting each other.

Another note, I just started Day 1 Week 3 yesterday and did not see a drop in the scale until last Friday night, but in the 2 weeks, my clothes were fitting looser and I had to cinch the belt a notch or 2, but the scale did not show any lbs lost, this means nothing. My scale didn't show any significant lbs lost until yesterday morning. 14 lbs, 2% body fat gone, and 3/4" on the waste gone. And I'm starting to see a physical difference now.

Oh, one last thing, Recovery Drinks are your friend. And 8 hours of sleep is always nice.

Susan, enjoy those Mason Twists >:)
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did Legs and back Saturday and it was a good calorie burn. I am really wanting a workout to target my back because I HATE my back. Hopefully P90X will be exactly what I need. Everyone Keep up the good work!!
  • KIMBERLI11
    Options
    I wish you luck with the P90X. I am trying to get back motivated doing it ugh. I have limited space in my house also.I did start drinking a recovery drink after working out.This helped with the fatigue and soreness in the morning.Good luck and I should dust off my cd's and get to work since everyone on here is helping me get motivate again.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Susan!!! I'll be watching your progress, hoping someday I'll be able to get on the P90X bandwagon. I think it's just the kick in the @ss I need! :bigsmile:
  • michelle29714
    Options
    I start today too so we can keep each other going!
  • dobneym
    Options
    All you guys/gals gotta do is Press Play ;) First 2 weeks were a complete *kitten* kicker for me, sore ALL the time. Looked forward to day 7 because it was "just stretching" ... wow, bs on that one :P lol Now, after Day 1 Week 3, I'm actually looking forward to leaving work on-time to get home and do the videos. I enjoy the *kitten* kicking, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, and I judge how far I pushed myself the next morning on how sore I am. If I'm not sore enough, I just make sure to ... wow, can't believe a Tony-ism crept in, "Bring It" on the next work out.

Gotta admit, I was extremely skeptical when I bought P90X, thought all the forum posts and reviews were done by people on the Beachbody payroll, but man I'm glad I did get it and am doing the videos. Main thing is like I said in my first line, Press Play, stay focused, and (wow, another Tony-ism) do your best and forget the rest.

Also, remember you don't have to keep up with Tony and the gang, just do YOUR max reps, meaning until you cannot possibly do another one (Tony calls it muscle failure), believe me you'll catch up to Tony and "the kids" soon enough, today on Cardio X, I had to pause to do more reps, *thinks it's time to start adding some wrist/ankle weights*.

Danielle, I'm guessing you're doing the "Classic"? Just don't expect immediate results, gotta give it a couple of weeks and you'll start to see some subtle physical changes. At week 2 I was wanting to give up, the scale didn't show any weight loss, but one night I went to jump in the shower, and tripped over a rug, caught myself on the counter and I noticed ... THAT'S A TRICEP and a DELTOID!!! Since then, I've been amped to see exactly how P90X will make me look after 90 days. As I said above, keep pressing play =D

Kimberli11, I'd say it is about time to dust off those disks, maybe rearrange a little bit =P Get those disks in and get going! =D

Michelle, alot of the above applies to you seeing you're just starting. Invest in recovery drinks!! =P If you don't, ya can't say I didn't warn ya =D haha

Kath, sooner is better than later, but of course later is always better than never ;) Hope those of us in this thread do motivate you to get the disks and get started.

Keep pressing play everyone.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! Very motivating! Thanks to each and every one of you - and yes......join us if you haven't already!!!!
    I did Plyometrics for the first time today...........WOW!!!!! I soaked my sweatband! I have limites space, but I managed plyo so I figure I should be ok. :smile:
    I need to take pics today.......I forgot! :blushing: I would be so mad in 30-60-90 days if I didn't have something to compare pics to! :huh:
    After work - kodak moment!!!
    Have a beautiful Tuesday!!!! :flowerforyou:

dobneym - thanks for a couple of great posts! It helps more than you know! :wink:
    Michelle - here we go!!!! :drinker:
    Kath - glad you're here!!! Hope you can join us soon! You've been a great motivator! :flowerforyou:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! 3x P90X grad here starting my second week of a P90X/Insanity hybrid. It just keeps getting better & better as you go along and so will you. You're gonna love it! :flowerforyou:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Good morning! :drinker: (that's coffee I swear!) LOL
    I did Shoulders & Arms this morning + Ab Ripper......damn those mason twists!!! I can't touch the floor! I sure keep trying though! :wink:

Day 3 DONE!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! :bigsmile:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday.. doing the classic version... so today is plyometrics (which I've heard is killer). Planning to take pics today before hand though so I can get staged pictures.
    Is everyone also following the P90X nutrition plan? I'm not planning to, but am just making sure I keep the calories in check and eat fresh foods and lean meats. Also trying to make sure I get plenty of protein, which is usually a problem for me.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I am just eating lower (not low) carbs and higher proteins for the most part. I got a few ideas from the nutrition plan for sure...but I never do well with a strict, follow-the-menu type diet plan. :wink:
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey susan! ive been so busy this week i hadnt had time to read posts and see that you did start p90x YAY!! you go girl!! today is rest day for me....which im soo happy about. we just finished week 3 and i am tired! it has been tough!

as far as diet goes..im not following their diet. but the way i see it..its all about calories in vs calories out right? i think if you are monitoring your calorie intake and working out you are bound to lose weight...maybe that means you dont come out ripped...but for someone my size..it will take a lot more than 90 days to get ripped LOL.
  • dobneym
    Options
    So, my brother and I were feeling froggie today and attempted Plyo in place of Yoga. Didn't make it out of the warm up for Plyo, damn lunges! So we opted to go back to Yoga and made it the whole 92 minutes, which is fantastic for me =D Gut still gets in the way on some of the poses, but it'll go bye bye soon enough.

Regarding the diet, uhhhh, yea ... don't like half the food they list in the fat shredder plan, so I try to eat as close to it as possible, even been considering some of the recipes they have for the foods I do like.

Shelly, good luck on Plyo

Susan, I can't hit the floor either, just means I make myself do more.

Keep pushing play everyone. Me, I'm off to down a recovery drink and soak in an Epsom salt bath.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    hey susan! ive been so busy this week i hadnt had time to read posts and see that you did start p90x YAY!! you go girl!! today is rest day for me....which im soo happy about. we just finished week 3 and i am tired! it has been tough!

as far as diet goes..im not following their diet. but the way i see it..its all about calories in vs calories out right? i think if you are monitoring your calorie intake and working out you are bound to lose weight...maybe that means you dont come out ripped...but for someone my size..it will take a lot more than 90 days to get ripped LOL.

Hope you enjoyed your rest day......now back to work! :laugh:
    I am loving P90X!!!! Yoga kicked my butt today though! Geez!!! You weren't kidding!