The best part of losing weight, my knees don't hurt!

Options
I am 30lbs down, with 60 to go. While the physical changes are still a little hard to see, my knees no longer hurt going up stairs! I realized it about 2 days ago when I was bringing up the laundry from the basement. I was so happy! I am way to young for my knees to be hurting. Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah that's a great feeling!! I have arthritis in my knees pretty bad and the winter kills me, but just last night I was telling my husband the same thing, my knees hurt but not like they did almost 40lbs ago!
  • sacramento6666
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to convince my wife of this (losing weight will help with her aches and pains). She's stubborn!
  • Abnersama
    Abnersama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 30lbs down, with 60 to go. While the physical changes are still a little hard to see, my knees no longer hurt going up stairs! I realized it about 2 days ago when I was bringing up the laundry from the basement. I was so happy! I am way to young for my knees to be hurting. Anyone else notice this?
    Congratulations, and I sure as hell have! I've never been able to do squats before without a lot of pain, or crawl around to clean under stuff! It's great. :D
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yes my knees hurt less and so do my ankles, which have bone spurs on them!! Which by the way can be caused from....... you guessed it, obesity!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!