Clif Bars now include a special bonus!

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
I was finishing up a Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch Clif Bar a little while ago. I love Cif Bars and this is one of my favorite flavors. On the last bite I felt something a little chewy that I couldn't quite get through. I pulled it out and swallowed what was left in my mouth.

I sat staring at this item for about 5 minutes.

I eventually went to the bathroom and washed it off in the sink. Turns out it was a torn strip of cloth, about 3" long. Stretchy, woven, looks like it used to be white. Looks like it used to be...... a piece of gauze.

A piece of gauze with a reddish brown coloration that doesn't quite match the Clif Bar it was in. I took a pic of it, but won't embed the image for the sake of your stomachs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12873062/mfp/3.jpg

So, hey. That's cool. The friendly guys at Clif have decided to start including little special bonuses with some Clif Bars. So it's kind of like I won.

But anyway. The real question I have is: is it organic? I'd hate to think that if Clif were going to include used bandages inside their products, they'd at least eco-friendly Certified Organic used bandages, right? Am I worrying over nothing?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It is not organic. The blood is, but the gauze is not.
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Aw man, I sometimes pick up the Clif Builder's bars when I need a boost. I wonder how many special bonuses I accidently swallowed?! Gosh darned it.
  • Im4gin3th4t
    Im4gin3th4t Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    **mental note** never buying clif products again. lol so gross.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhhh....that looks exactly like someone's bandage....with some extra iron.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    If something feels off texture-wise, I normally spit it out in the trash without looking. This is so disgusting :sick:
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oh why oh why must I be a nosey curious sort? I did not really want to look at that....

;)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Agreed. :sick:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I find stuff in my food all the time. I have to say though, that may be among the worst! Looks like coflex to me, which is designed to stay on, which makes it even more disturbing.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Omg.. D:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    dude, what do you think gauze is made from? COTTON!

It's all organic - no worries OP
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Looking kind of like a tampon.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    about as good a source a protein as the soy in them.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    about as good a source a protein as the soy in them.

Hahahaha, a least blood's a complete protein
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just think: added iron.
  • thisisit114
    Options
    In one of my science magazines at sixth form there was something about food contamination and some guy sent in a picture of the loaf of bread he bought from the shop which came with an added extra.
    The tip of someones thumb......turned out they were untrained and had got it caught in the machinery...ewww
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was finishing up a Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch Clif Bar a little while ago. I love Cif Bars and this is one of my favorite flavors. On the last bite I felt something a little chewy that I couldn't quite get through. I pulled it out and swallowed what was left in my mouth.

I sat staring at this item for about 5 minutes.

I eventually went to the bathroom and washed it off in the sink. Turns out it was a torn strip of cloth, about 3" long. Stretchy, woven, looks like it used to be white. Looks like it used to be...... a piece of gauze.

A piece of gauze with a reddish brown coloration that doesn't quite match the Clif Bar it was in. I took a pic of it, but won't embed the image for the sake of your stomachs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12873062/mfp/3.jpg

So, hey. That's cool. The friendly guys at Clif have decided to start including little special bonuses with some Clif Bars. So it's kind of like I won.

But anyway. The real question I have is: is it organic? I'd hate to think that if Clif were going to include used bandages inside their products, they'd at least eco-friendly Certified Organic used bandages, right? Am I worrying over nothing?

all organic, cotton, blood and whatnot. However you should write them a letter. ONe time i wrote popsicle company a heads up that some pop sticks were broken and unsafe for the kiddo's just as an FYI and they sent me vouchers for free popsicles. maybe you can get some free gauze bars out of this.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What has been seen can never be unseen :sick:

Ewwww.......Why oh why did I have to look? :sad:

I would contact customer service and let them check out that lovely pic, I see FREE STUFF in your future!! :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    BTW i'm sorry this happened to you. Sersly. Nobody deserves that. IT's beyond yuck. ((((hugs))))
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    What has been seen can never be unseen :sick:

Ewwww.......Why oh why did I have to look? :sad:

I would contact customer service and let them check out that lovely pic, I see FREE STUFF in your future!! :drinker:

In all fairness, I wouldn't want free stuff from them now...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    BTW i'm sorry this happened to you. Sersly. Nobody deserves that. IT's beyond yuck. ((((hugs))))

I'm sure I deserved it for something.