Small Steps all the way

Options
So I have been on this changing life style path now since June 13th I told myself I didn’t want to set a big goal I wanted to lose 1 stone before my nephews birthday party.. And on Saturday I reached my goal. I have changed my eating plan and am exercising more. My stamina in my exercise is getting better.

Nobody has mentioned seeing a difference in me and my clothes aren't becoming looser its difficult I want to scream from the roof tops I have lost weight but it doesn't feel like I have. I was 16 stone when I started but to look at a picture of me you wouldn't think I was that heavy. I want to get down to 11 stone so only 4 more to go I'm just not sure why even though the scales are showing a weight loss of 2 pounds per week. My clothes aren’t showing me and it’s not noticeable.

I'm at a loss I like the boost of confidence with weight loss and I'm just not getting it.

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Don't get frustrated. Maybe you should think about using a measuring tape to keep track of the inches you lose instead of how your cloths look. I'm not sure why your not seeing it but the measuring tape would tell you inches you are losing. You could be losing it evenly around your whole body in inches and not see it as much in you cloths. For instance around your arms,legs,middle. Try the measuring tape along with everything else. I'm sure you will see the difference. Keep it up. You WILL see the results. Keep up the good work.
  • inguvap
    inguvap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have patience. Only this morning, I was telling myself that I should eat well, exercise hard and wait. The resuls will come and they will have to... I am just repeating What In have been telling myself. May be another 8 to lbs lbs will show a big difference....
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about this today. I had put on a shirt and realized how tight it was, then I thought great I'm not going to get the "loose" clothes feeling for a while. I'm going to have clothes that aren't as tight yes, but it's going to be a long time before I see loose clothes.

I've been limiting my clothing options for a while now. Maybe see if you have clothes that fit that felt tight or uncomfortable a few weeks ago. This might help you SEE the results that you have been getting.

It can be frustrating, but don't give up.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I know all this just have gotten abit down since weighing my self on saturday. When dieting I always get caught up in what the scales say and this time the scales are saying what I want them to say and I can't see or feel the change in anyway at all. I have a pair of jeans with a belt on and i keep putting them on thinking today i will be moving up one notch and with a stone gone it hasn't moved at all. I am working towards that one little step and I will be proud. Im just normally the one sat here saying my clothes are looser but the scales not gone down but this time its the other way round and I don't like it any better.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So I posted this 10 days ago about my weight loss and not being able to tell! Its my weigh in today so I have my fingers crossed but im writing to now say I have gone down two notchs on my belt in the last week from not noticing a difference at all to two notches is OH MY GOSH WOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO. I only work out three times a week and havent been doing extra so maybe it has just taken my head time to notice that yes my trousers are falling down and not because my huge belly is pushing them down but just because there is less to hold them up!!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just keep going and it will be worth it in the end. Keep us updated! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!