i GOT CONFUESED.

Options
Okay so I got into raw food a while back and i love raw food but i got into the Whole eat as much fruit as you want. and lose the weight it may take 2 years but you will do it n it just takes time If you look up videos Like the banana girl. or getyourfruiton they do eat as much calories as they want and are very fit but it took them a long time to get that way. But for me i actually gained weight and i felt like my whole life was about food know im not dissing freelea. or anyone in the raw food movement I think Its yay if they got to their goals that way but People iv talked to who have lost 100 pounds more than that Have counted their calories and been in a calorie restriction even on youtube videos and its just what we have always known to do that but if we can eat as much fruit as we want Than how come the people actually losing weight fast and more than 100 pounds why isnt everyone doing that. I actually thought i could eat as much as i wanted and still lose weight...... Please comment what do you think about this.

Replies

• infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I'm confuesed(confused) too! I couldn't even follow what you were trying to say!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    You may or may not be able to lose weight while eating "all you want", it all depends on how much you want. If the amount you want is causing you to gain, logging your food and controlling portions might be helpful.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    IN THE RAW food Community They recommended 4000 plus calories for steady weightloss
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    lolwut?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have seen those. There are better ways of getting healthy. A balanced diet with exersise will do wonders. What you may not understand is they workout an insane amount as well.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    IN THE RAW food Community They recommended 4000 plus calories for steady weightloss

They are incorrect.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I can't even.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You've been here for a long time. Just count calories accurately. Stop looking for alternatives.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Here's something to think about:

Since just January, I lost about 20 pounds counting calories and working out. Then I've put on several pounds, much of it muscle, in the past few months by counting calories and working out.

While you're bouncing from fad to fad, the people who are following the MFP way are having tons of success.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Eating 4000 calories worth of fruit will have the same effect on your weight as eating 4000 calories worth of bacon. It just won't taste as good.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

:noway: holy crap - no wonder you're not losing. 4000 is a LOT no matter what you are eating!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    huh?
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Okay so I got into raw food a while back and i love raw food but i got into the Whole eat as much fruit as you want. and lose the weight it may take 2 years but you will do it n it just takes time If you look up videos Like the banana girl. or getyourfruiton they do eat as much calories as they want and are very fit but it took them a long time to get that way. But for me i actually gained weight and i felt like my whole life was about food know im not dissing freelea. or anyone in the raw food movement I think Its yay if they got to their goals that way but People iv talked to who have lost 100 pounds more than that Have counted their calories and been in a calorie restriction even on youtube videos and its just what we have always known to do that but if we can eat as much fruit as we want Than how come the people actually losing weight fast and more than 100 pounds why isnt everyone doing that. I actually thought i could eat as much as i wanted and still lose weight...... Please comment what do you think about this.

tumblr_inline_ms8xkdpTUw1qz4rgp.gif
    Eating 4000 calories worth of fruit will have the same effect on your weight as eating 4000 calories worth of bacon. It just won't taste as good.

Are you telling me I can eat 4000 calories worth of bacon everyday and lose weight?

If so....

tumblr_m8iwx7u1ul1qkmu8l_large.gif

@OP: Calories are calories and IIFYM... log everything... measure twice cut once... you may be surprised how much you can actually eat and still be in a deficit, especially if you've gotten used to filling up on veggies. Only veggies I eat are on a pizza or in a pasta or next to something really tasty.

ETA: For the love of god someone tell me who that red head is in that gif... she might be the cutest thing since cats started wanting to has cheeseburgers.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    i promised myself I would only post stuff related to Zoolander tonight...Luckily MFP will not let me down with related content

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif
  • jonnythan
    Options
    ETA: For the love of god someone tell me who that red head is in that gif... she might be the cutest thing since cats started wanting to has cheeseburgers.

Ariana Grande.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    Thank You everyone for commenting ...
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Ariana Grande.

68886-James-Franco-thank-you-gif-RguI.gif
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If I ate 4,000 calories of fruits and vegetables daily..... who am I kidding.

It would be in the fridge still while I enjoyed foods I liked at reasonable quantities.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    For the people who have actually lost a decent amount of weight on Here have you seen anyone lose eating 4000 calories of fruits n veggies or have you ever tried it its a big thing know days Go to youtube Type in freelee the banana girl or easyraw or getyourfruit Its on the raw food boards to eat as much calories as you can even stuff yourself if you have to they recommended 4000 calories and up 2500 is their minimum to aim for if you cant get in 4000
  • jonnythan
    Options
    For the people who have actually lost a decent amount of weight on Here have you seen anyone lose eating 4000 calories of fruits n veggies or have you ever tried it its a big thing know days Go to youtube Type in freelee the banana girl or easyraw or getyourfruit Its on the raw food boards to eat as much calories as you can even stuff yourself if you have to they recommended 4000 calories and up 2500 is their minimum to aim for if you cant get in 4000

How well has this plan worked out for you?