Invisible Bike Helmet

Options

Replies

• sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was really intrigued and impressed with this idea... Until I saw that price tag. Yeah, I'll stick to my dorky sweaty helmet
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I just saw this today and was going to post it (glad I searched first).

If it were affodable, I'd consider it, but not sure that thing around the neck would be very comfortable :ohwell:

As someone who grew up in the 70's & 80's, I feel completely ridiculous wearing a bike helmet, and have only used mine for organized rides where its required, so this is definitely more appealing than what is on the market now.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I guess I live in Minnesota. To me it looks pretty similar to a scarf. I'm sure it'll take some time to be affordable, like all things, but in the mean time it's pretty neat!

I'm not much of a cyclist, but I've always hated helmets so I thought this was awesome.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I think more research needs to be done to see how effective an "air bag" helmet is vs. a regular helmet. Yes, the old school plastic helmet is a PITA but I'd be concerned about the airbag not deploying.

Regardless, one should always wear a helmet when cycling.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So thinking about extreme bikers.... how about those low hanging branches...

Not to sure it would deploy...
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    What if you have an "abnormal movement pattern" and the thing inflates when you don't want it to?

I'll stick with my cool looking Giro Helmet, thanks.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really considered the deploy/non-deploy possibility either. I was in a head on collision years ago, and it didn't deploy. Then, last year I hit a deer in a different vehicle, and it did...it sounded like a gunshot, smelled horrible, burned my skin, and was like getting hit in the chest with a bag of cement.. So yeah...there's that :grumble: