Plateaued

Options
I think Ive finally hit the gruesome P word. For the last 2 weeks or so, Ive seen no change in my weight =[. What have some of you done when you've hit this point in your journey?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't a plateau and you look like you are very close to your goal. It's really hard to lose those last pounds and patience plus a really close watch on your diet are needed. Don't know if you do strength training but it can help with your BF%.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do....No Gain is just as good as No Loss. Now is the time to start toning....
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    maybe try and change up your routine and foods
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Make sure you're logging accurately and if the scale doesn't look like it's moving, keep an eye on other measurements. Two weeks isn't long enough to call it a plateau, and if you're close to your goal weight loss can be hidden in the natural fluctuations. But mostly, hang in there. It can be very discouraging when the numbers stop going down.

Good luck!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You are hit and miss with your food diary so how can you know if you have plateaued?

You have to consistently log your food intake, make sure it is under your calorie burn and you will lose. And you must weigh/measure the foods also. Its the only way to know what you are truly taking in your body.

You may also need to look at your calorie goal if you are as active as your profile says you are. You might not be eating enough. I would not increase the calories just yet though, not until you start logging everything.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I noticed the last two weeks of your diary include:
    - 2 days with no entries--cheat days?
    - 4 or 5 days more than 500 calories over goal
    - 1 or 2 days under 1200 calories

2 weeks isn't a plateau, but might recommend logging everything, logging accurately, and aiming to consistently finish close to your calorie goal each day.

Sodium can also be a source of plateaus, but you seem to be in good shape there--well under the target.
  • cvaught1
    Options
    Truthfully I log accurately and weigh things but some days im too busy to get them in the same day or i like doing so with wifi connect vs my dataEven on cheat days I log my intake. I rarely log my gym time unless I specifically do cardio which i lift weights way more. And I work nights so my entries are pretty backwards but I include everything from when I wake up to when I finally sleep in the morning and some of my days mess together. My logging is more for my macro/nutrition counting and some of my calories. Macros/flexible dieting has been my reasons for success thus far, maybe I need to get stricter. And I agree no pounds gained is just as good as none lost. My body fat is 31% at 210 I have about 67lbs of fat and over 140lbs muscle, I plan to lose an additional 20lbs and then reevaluate how much more after that. Thanx for the input everyone