Replies

• MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You look beautiful!! That dress is amazing!
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look great! I like the dress too :) congrats!
  • Peace_Love_Coexist
    Options
    Congrats..you look great!!!:smile:
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    very Hott
  • lenehreut
    lenehreut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Such an inspiration!!
  • CathMarissa
    CathMarissa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look like two completely different people - - and so much happier in the after photo!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    U look great!! Love the dress!!
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great job - and hope the show was great. The Keswick is the best venue i've ever been to.
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    u r looking beautiful
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats!!!
  • shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Proud for you! ???? good job!
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    You look wonderful! The thing I always enjoy the most is the look of happiness on people's faces. I am experiencing that now myself! I used to think that the before and after pictures were "staged" the first to look unhappy and frumpy and the latter to look happy and upbeat but I have found the same is true in my pictures now. I feel SOOOO much better about myself! :o)
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    you look great and them shoes are everything!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    And you look fab too :flowerforyou:
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So let's see - the questions I got:

the dress was from Boscovs dept. store! seriously, in the dress section, a little lace number - could not resist so it was not a ton of money!

the Louboutin's I got online at a huge discount and I LOVE them - they look like a work of art on my feet!

I decided to get a mani / pedi and eyebrows done on Wed. as the show is Friday night - had this idea to keep the little flash of red in the outfit going by doing a french mani but the tips that are normally emphasized in white, I am going to have them do in a subtle red on the tips........I am not a huge "nail" girl and I thought that could look cool for Cyndi!

as to the questions on how I am doing this weight loss as I still am about 25 lbs from my ideal weight - well after a year in 2012 being sick with 7 lung infections, I was put on alot of steroids and the battle of health and weight was awful. a friend told me about a movie on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video called Forks Over Knives.

I watched it that night and could not go back to eating how I was - it is a whole food plant based lifestyle which means no meat, no dairy and no oil of any kind. I even got certified in plant based nutrition from Cornell as the year progressed and I learned so much about the havoc animal based protein causes on the body but mainly the links to so many diseases and weight gain, much do to inflammation.

Initially when you switch, you lose alot up front as the inflammation leaves the body - but then as you progress and start to crave Kale as the taste buds change, the weight loss is more of a side effect to health - the body keeps shedding until you get to the weight you are meant to be at for your height. So perfect example, this summer while recuperating from an ankle surgery that implanted a plate and 7 screws and immobile for months, I still dropped 6 lbs just by eating WFPB.

Anyway, for me, the health issues were also so key - I was a lifelong asthma sufferer and now, all meds gone, not one attack in almost a year - my cholesterol #'s dropped to optimal levels within weeks of the change - my BP came down quickly - my skin silky smooth - not a single cold or illness - energy way up and sleeping amazingly.

Both the FOK and the Engine 2 folks posted my story a few months in and I just sent them an update with these new pics hoping they post again as I think visually the pics and the story help people to say they can change too:

http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/kristens-incredible-story-plus-a-mbwm-giveaway/

http://www.forksoverknives.com/after-a-year-of-terrible-health-forks-over-knives-has-me-back-on-track/

The links show me at 16 lbs down so early on........I got laid off a week after my surgery and am seriously considering launching my own business with my other half to be a FT health coach / mentor teaching people all of the data I learned reg this lifestyle and why it is the best for health and of course weight. I want to take them food shopping, show them how to read labels, steer them to the best cookbooks b/c the food is actually really good, be a support for the emotional toll weight gain does, form exercise groups and so much more.

I did also start a plant based group here on MFP to exchange similar things so if anyone has any interest in this way of eating, let me know, more then happy to share the info, videos, links and more as well as be your biggest cheerleader!

Hope I got to all the questions and guys, thanks so much for the compliments on the pics! For so long I felt so ugly about myself, my body and helpless to change a thing - now, the power is all in what I put in my mouth and knowing I will be around a long time for my kids and getting skinny in the process :)
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That dress is adorable! Your shoes are adorable! That rose clutch is adorable! Your hair looks adorable! Everything about this is fantastic! You are doing wonderful -- keep up the great work!
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yay! You know what I like best? Your smile! You look so happy :) Good job!
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. Congrats on your lifestyle change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!