Zumba Questions

Options
Ok there are two reasons I am asking these Questions One I am just generally curious because I would like to really get in to it and Two I am writing a report of information paper in English class and decided this would be a good thing to write on. Thank You in advance for your Answers!

What is Zumba?

Who is Zumba best suitied for?

Why has Zumba become such a trend?

Why did you choose Zumba?

How has Zumba affected you?

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer?

What Does Zuma do for your body?

Where do you do your Zumba?

When do you find it best to do Zumba?

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts?

Replies

• Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    zumba is latin dance exercise, full body workout.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    Bump
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba? A Latin form of dance workout

Who is Zumba best suitied for? Everyone in my opinion :)

Why has Zumba become such a trend? Not sure to be honest, it's definitely not for everyone but if your looking for something fun Zumba is good.

Why did you choose Zumba? Because I love to dance and I love that it's fun and the time passes so quickly. It makes me want to wake up and workout. And it burns lots of calories :)

How has Zumba affected you? It kind of makes you more in tune with your body, I kinda get lost in the workout.

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer? For sure!

What Does Zuma do for your body? Well it's cardio so it helps burn calories and lose weight.

Where do you do your Zumba? I do Zumba in my home on my Wii, I have 2 small children and don't have access to classes. But I would more than love to go to an actual class.

When do you find it best to do Zumba? Anytime, I work out in the mornings when my 9 month old naps.

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts? It's definitely a workout! I'm sweating by the end! I'm doing Hip Hop Abs right now and Zumba is more of a dance workout than this one.

Hope this helps :)
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    Thank you for responding!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba? A mostly Latin dance work out

Who is Zumba best suitied for? Anyone

Why has Zumba become such a trend? Because it's so much fun

Why did you choose Zumba? I love music, so getting to dance to modern music and international music makes my workout more fun

How has Zumba affected you? It helps me look forward to my workouts

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer? Definitely!!!

What Does Zuma do for your body? Helps with cardio endurance, burning calories, and, for me, mental health

Where do you do your Zumba? At home

When do you find it best to do Zumba? Whenever you find you have the most energy, or free time

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts? For the ones I've tried, I would say so. I most tried the workouts on DVDs, but in comparison to those, Zumba is higher intensity and more fun, better music.
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    Thank You hun
    What is Zumba? A mostly Latin dance work out

Who is Zumba best suitied for? Anyone

Why has Zumba become such a trend? Because it's so much fun

Why did you choose Zumba? I love music, so getting to dance to modern music and international music makes my workout more fun

How has Zumba affected you? It helps me look forward to my workouts

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer? Definitely!!!

What Does Zuma do for your body? Helps with cardio endurance, burning calories, and, for me, mental health

Where do you do your Zumba? At home

When do you find it best to do Zumba? Whenever you find you have the most energy, or free time

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts? For the ones I've tried, I would say so. I most tried the workouts on DVDs, but in comparison to those, Zumba is higher intensity and more fun, better music.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I remember suggesting an idea to get together with a group of people to just dance out our favorite moves to some classics, and being told (I'm cleaning it up here) that we were just too interested in dancing to entertain people. It had nothing to do with that all along, Zumba for me is about sharing a casual interest in dance while burning some calories. It's Latin based but you better believe the local instructors tend to mix it up with whatever is popular on the radio. It's just a chance for people to get together and have a good time, clear your head, etc. In my case it's fulfilling a need that I always had, but didn't quite have a structured outlet for it.
  • cummingscb
    Options
    What is Zumba? Zumba is a cardio dance class with a strong emphasis on latin and hip hip rhythms.

Who is Zumba best suitied for? Everyone, because the instructors know how to dial up and dial down certain moves, and the best instructors can show both methods before a song really starts up, so that participants can gauge how high or low impact to make it.

Why has Zumba become such a trend? Because it meets you where you are, or where you want to be. You can make it more intense or less intense, depending on your ability. Also, despite perhaps being initially intimidated by the choreography, it's very friendly and mostly the people in the classes are fun loving and can laugh at themselves if they mess something up.

Why did you choose Zumba? I needed a fresh insert into my exercise regimen that added some fun and broke the monotony of working out on a machine.

How has Zumba affected you? It's made me look at how I move, and how I can learn choreography and even dance to an occasional hip hop song without looking like a ridiculous mess. As my body has gotten smaller, and my joints more forgiving, I've realized that I can do more with my body than I realized. It's fun to dance in front of a mirror with great music - I almost forget that there are people all around me.

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer? Yes, but you have to have a good attitude and expect to be "lost" for a couple of classes until you start recognizing songs and certain moves. If you can go in to a class with that mindset, then you will absolutely not regret it!

What Does Zuma do for your body? It works so many different muscle groups - more than the cardio that I get on a stairmaster, elliptical or treadmill. We will do a song with mostly squats, we'll do a song that really focuses on abs or arms. It gets a full body workout, and because it's fun, you don't necessarily realize all of the work you're putting in.

Where do you do your Zumba? I have exclusively done my Zumba through our city recreation center. I've been to about 5 different classes offered by different instructors, and I definitely now have my preferences for what I need from an instructor. It's not a one-size-fits-all type of class. If you go, and don't enjoy it, try finding a class with a different instructor - it really has been, for me, all about who it is at the front of the room trying to teach and motivate me.

When do you find it best to do Zumba? Whenever a class is offered that fits with my work/parenting/housework schedule.

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts? I've only done Zumba as a dance workout, so I don't have anything to compare it with. I get more of a workout than when I used to do traditional aerobics.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The only thing I am going to add to these excellent answers is this. I started doing Zumba when I was 253 pounds. I LOVED it. I love to dance, if you mess up nobody cares, you break a total sweat and then some. I work at the Y and that is where I take my classes. In fact.....I'm going to grab one today!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba? A fitness workout based around latin dance moves

Who is Zumba best suitied for? Anyone! Though people with little sense fo rhythym might struggle. But there's no correct "form", and participants are encourage to do "whatever".

Why has Zumba become such a trend? I think it's the fun element. Plus the music is always changing.

Why did you choose Zumba? I love to dance, in any way I can.

How has Zumba affected you? Hard to day. It's not my favoruite workout - I think I find it too easy - so I only go along when I've nothing else on that night.

Would you recommend Zumba to a New comer? Possibly, depends on their goals.

What Does Zuma do for your body? I havent really noticed it targetting any particular part of my body, but it's a good cardio workout.

Where do you do your Zumba? In the local village hall.

When do you find it best to do Zumba? I've done morning classes and evening classes, dont find a difference.

Is Zumba more of a workout then other dance workouts? I do actual dancing, rather than dance-based workouts, so I cant really compare.
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your feed back this is going to be awesome for my paper as well as I think Im going to start attending our local class at least 2 days a week :)