Big loss = motivation killer

Options
13»

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and take all of these experiences and make sure that if I feel like this, I let myself go.. But exercise for the calories I need in order TO let myself go. Not sure if it was meant to be or not.. But this has been a helpful read to me.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was like that too but then I tried looking at my naked self in the mirror everytime after weighing, every morning when I wake up, before meals too lol. I look at my disappointing stubborn belly fat from hell, then I get right back on track again feeling as fat as I did before every pound I lost -_____- though I feel sad and depressed for a bit about my fats, I feel more motivated, I curse at my belly when I wanna give up while doing the workouts LOL it makes me push harder

^^^yes this! I also have a sweet vintage cocktail "goal" dress hanging next to my full length mirror, my scale sits right below. Looking as that beautiful dress is all the motivation I need!
  • hollyanne572
    hollyanne572 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Although alot of people are against weighing themselves every day, I do because it prevents me from feeling like after a week and a loss I am entitled to a cheat day or to binge. It really works as each day when the grams or pounds drop off I know exactly how much work has to go into losing that small amount of weight and don't want to see the numbers come back up.
  • sassy1grl
    sassy1grl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I must be the odd one here then cause I don't consider any foods off limits so I pretty much have whatever I want as long as it fits my macro's and caloric needs so when I step on the scale it isn't any incentive to have some pizza, or cookies or whatever cause I am going to be eating that at some point over the course of my intake just like tonight I am making room for a pint of reese's cup chocolate ice cream.. I had to break through the mental part in the beginning but eventually I reintroduced everything back into my diet and am much better off now because I have the self control to grab 6 oreo's out of the package and put the rest away.... Takes time but anyone can get there if they work at it..... Best of Luck

this is what i do as well. i don't deprive myself. if i want something, it has to fit into my day. if it doesn't fit, i make it fit by working out a little longer.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I must be the odd one here then cause I don't consider any foods off limits so I pretty much have whatever I want as long as it fits my macro's and caloric needs so when I step on the scale it isn't any incentive to have some pizza, or cookies or whatever cause I am going to be eating that at some point over the course of my intake just like tonight I am making room for a pint of reese's cup chocolate ice cream.. I had to break through the mental part in the beginning but eventually I reintroduced everything back into my diet and am much better off now because I have the self control to grab 6 oreo's out of the package and put the rest away.... Takes time but anyone can get there if they work at it..... Best of Luck

this is what i do as well. i don't deprive myself. if i want something, it has to fit into my day. if it doesn't fit, i make it fit by working out a little longer.

Me too. A good loss is a motivator for me, and since I don't deprive myself of any foods (I just fit them into my calorie + exercise allowance) I don't need to reward myself with food. I'd much rather reward myself with something new (and a smaller size) to wear.
  • Eleanor_T98
    Eleanor_T98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Yesterday I weighed myself and saw I'd lost 3lbs over 7 days, and 6.5lbs over three weeks. So I ended up having a burger king for lunch. I think it was partly because I was with my sister who was having one, so I was tempted, but I think if I hadn't lost, or lost only little over the week, I would have resisted. But hey, I'm back on track today!