What are the so-called "teachers" doing?

Options
Mr_Bad_Example
Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
Posting pictures of their students' food on a fitness website and chastising their parents? I mean, really.

I'm going to guess from the misuse of the proper form of "there", though, that this person is not an English teacher.
Check out the morning snacks and lunches that are sent with some of my grade one students. This is not just one either...this happens everyday.
Their should be a test before one can have children...Sorry if you are one of those parents reading this!

[img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r707/shartran/Lunches For My Grade One OMG/485a4a89-13ab-4dd6-8a6d-4627f8226109_zps257e9c18.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r707/shartran/Lunches For My Grade One OMG/52e7b896-2978-4454-96ef-8de07905d400_zps0c590dc3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r707/shartran/Lunches For My Grade One OMG/9a79620b-610e-4f01-ad65-da50f6760e70_zps984fea98.jpg[/img]

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    what's creepy is she probably did this while all the kids were out at recess....did she even get all the correct snacks back in the correct backpacks? What else is she rooting through of her student's? Looking for money? Seems insane to me, my kids take lunch to school and open it in the cafeteria at lunch time, their teachers would never even see what they bring - unless they felt they needed to snoop.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    People love their soapboxes. I'm in the "mind your own damn business" club.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    like this post is any more ethical? You're still shaming someone. Just let it die down. This woman already got a lot of honest...brutally honest that is feedback about what kinda of person and teacher she is and blahblahblah. No need to increase the hate
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I replied on her post that if I had my kids teacher call me a "so called' parent for judging me on what I feed them I would have to punch them in the mouth! (after school behind the playground of course) By the way how many calories would I burn beating the hell out of a teacher?
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You really must not have anything better to do with yourself.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I replied on her post that if I had my kids teacher call me a "so called' parent for judging me on what I feed them I would have to punch them in the mouth! (after school behind the playground of course) By the way how many calories would I burn beating the hell out of a teacher?

depends if you have to chase them down to do it, I think.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking she should concentrate on her teaching and stop judging.
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

depends if you have to chase them down to do it, I think.

Lol, true
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I don't think people should pass judgement in the first place, everyone has their trials and obstacles they have to get through in life and who is it for us to judge ? We don't know what they've been through, where they are or where they are coming from but especially you should not judge other people unless you have worn the shoes they're wearing. I think it's bullying to pass judgement based on school snacks...you don't know what they eat the other 90% of the day, and last time I checked bullying wasn't allowed in school...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    How do I always miss the fun stuff?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Lol it's still going on :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options

What thread???
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

What thread???

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1133436-what-are-these-so-called-parents-doing
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lol @ mind your own business club :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options

What thread???

Thanks! And nice shirt btw! GO 'BOYS!!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1133436-what-are-these-so-called-parents-doing
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Why not ask the person who started the thread in question, rather than making this lame thread. But i guess some people just like to gossip
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Exactly why my children are homeschooled, I would be livid if I found someone snooping through my child's things, taking pictures of them, and posting them on the internet bashing me for being a bad parent, for one, it's none of your business, and maybe for some of those children a snack like that isn't something that happens all the time.

Oh, and to point out the one child't snack is a fruit cup and fruit juice yes, and a couple cookies, but at least they did pack fruit and juice.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I don't think people should pass judgement in the first place, everyone has their trials and obstacles they have to get through in life and who is it for us to judge ? We don't know what they've been through, where they are or where they are coming from but especially you should not judge other people unless you have worn the shoes they're wearing. I think it's bullying to pass judgement based on school snacks...you don't know what they eat the other 90% of the day, and last time I checked bullying wasn't allowed in school...

That post is all kinds of wrong but bullying isn't one of them.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Why not ask the person who started the thread in question, rather than making this lame thread. But i guess some people just like to gossip

Hey, I think it's a big enough deal to start another thread about. A teacher pawing through her student's lunch boxes and posting photos of the contents on a public forum? If this were my child's teacher, I'd be down at that school right now. It goes WAY beyond the pale to do such a thing.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    to repeat what I put in the other post, parents who are against their children's teachers are part of the problem with education today. Teachers really do have the best interests of students at heart and can't function effectively if teachers are undermined by parents. Hopefully the children are not privy to their parent's opinions of teachers. Another way to state it is, hopefully parents are not poisoning their children against their teachers. It's frequent.
    And to those of you who object to the term, 'so called parent' really it doesn't take anything more than some ****y-dunkin to become a parent.
This discussion has been closed.