You Deserve a Little Something, Right?

Options
How do you guys reward yourselves for losing a few pounds, and how often? ( i.e., every 5 pounds, etc.)

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    new yoga mat

new MP3 player for Yoga audios

seeds for next year's vegetable bed

- you get the idea

edit: I like the idea of every 5lbs. that's something I can use, thanks.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    My reward is feeling great and looking better than I did a year ago. However, I did drop some serious cash two weeks ago on some clothes, since a lot of mine are too loose now. Other than that, my reward is seeing my muscles come out of hiding.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I buy lots of lovely new (or second hand) smaller clothing!
  • WaistAweigh
    Options
    Nice! ???? You guys deserve it after all.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I will probably reward myself with some new clothes when I hit about a 15-20 lbs loss.
    I'd like to get a nice pair of walking shoes in the near future as well. : D
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Clothes!!! And sexy skinny jeans that finally look good on me! :-)
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I buy lots of lovely new (or second hand) smaller clothing!

second hand would be just as satisfying to me too, as long as the size tag is smaller than my current. : D
    I love a good second hand deal.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't. I thought about rewarding myself for logging in to MFP for 1,000 days straight but couldn't think.of anything!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I personally don't either withhold things from myself or give myself external rewards. In other words, I don't treat myself as if I were 12. If I want something and I have the money for it, I buy it because I am worth it. My good health and appearance are plenty of motivation to stick with my plan.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I buy more fitness equipment...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I personally don't either withhold things from myself or give myself external rewards. In other words, I don't treat myself as if I were 12. If I want something and I have the money for it, I buy it because I am worth it. My good health and appearance are plenty of motivation to stick with my plan.

I could not have said it better myself ! I feel the very same way. I have lost 40 pounds in seven month and so far feeling better and getting healthier has been enough of a reward for me. I think I used to get rewards when I was a very young child and have not needed them since.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Not being fat.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    More fitness equipment, gadget, swim suit, etc.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Smaller clothes. But this is a necessity so I don't look like a slob at work with clothes 3 sizes too big.

Treat-wise, I don't deprive myself so no need for a "reward".
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tummy tuck if the skin doesn't recede when I'm at goal. If the skin goes normal, I'll have to find sonething else to do withthat $3000-8000. Perhaps a spa retreat and a new wardrobe with help from a stylist or a trip to Thailand.
  • WaistAweigh
    Options
    Nice! ????
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    For quite a while, I bought myself an inexpensive pair of earrings for every 5 lbs I lost, but I got tired of it after a while, so I stopped.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Once in a while I believe we should all treat ourselves as if we were 12!
  • WaistAweigh
    Options
    For those of you that aren't into rewarding yourselves, I understand. For me, other than for my health, I need an incentive! I know it's such an extrinsic approach to weight loss, but sometimes it works.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I hit my half-way mark and also when I hit my goal weight I intend to do something for myself, but I haven't 100% decided on what that will be. I'm wavering on the idea that for each I will get a tattoo I've been wanting (one is small and simplistic in design, the other is somewhat larger with more detail). I know others give themselves something for every 5-10lbs lost, but I'm happy enough losing that weight that I don't need little prizes. Having to invest more time and truly earn my rewards, as it were, makes me feel even better about my accomplishment.