Going over on Sugar and Protein

Options
I find that most days I am over my sugar amount early in the day. I am trying to watch the levels of everything and stay close to the recommended amounts. I have been over on both sugar and protein. Eating Fruit puts me over on the sugar early. I am also trying to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, but find it hard to make the amount of calories on whole foods. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about sugar from fruit. It is inherent in the structure of the fruit and not artificially refined or treated. Keep an eye on added, refined sugars in processed food rather.

Look at protein and see what your main source is. Can you use the calories on veggies instead?
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    OH and nuts are relatively high in calories but excellent sources of fatty acids etc so a worthwhile 'investment' of your daily allowance :flowerforyou:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    The protien is set pretty low on MFP.
    I go over all the time, and as long as you are in good heatlh it shouldn't be an issue.
    There are a lot of threads on this topic if you do a search.
    People vary on what they believe is right.
    I don't worry about my sugars as long as I know that they are coming from fruit. I don't really eat a lot of processed foods so I don't worry about it.