Salmon

LinzyB24
LinzyB24 Posts: 28 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I am CRAVING Salmon like you wouldn't believe! Anyone have any good recipes?

Replies

• tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/egseah/980931388/

My absolute FAVORITE way to eat salmon :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    They say when you have those intense cravings, your body is lacking some nutrient. Perhaps you aren't eating enough fat or protein, etc?? Anyway...

I love to put a piece of salmon under the broiler with a little granulated garlic or oregano. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over it to give it a nice fresh flavor. (I don't like to over-do seasoning because it has such a nice, strong flavor all it's own!) I love the Sockeye Salmon that I find at Costco.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    I don't have a specific recipe, but my favorite way to eat salmon is cedar planked. You can buy the pre-packaged planks at Walmart/Cosco, etc. Just place your salmon filet on the plank and grill until cooked well through. I add lemon-pepper seasoning on top and serve it with rice and veggies.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    I mix a TB or two of olive oil with a teaspoon of fresh minced garlic (I use the jarred garlic) and I let that sit for about 15 minutes, then brush the salmon with the oil, lightly squeeze a lemon over the fish, season with dill and ground pepper. I grill it on a grill pan on the barbecue. Delicious!! I usually have leftovers so I eat it cold the next day broken up over a salad. Cold asparagus and cold salmon make a delicious addition to salad.:drinker:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had a salmon burger last night that was pretty tasty.
    Or salmon pan seared with picatta sauce over some brown rice with some wilted spinach.
    Yummm!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Or poached in white wine.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Hi,

I just had some salmon for dinner tonight and used the following recipe.

3oz salmon fillet
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    2 teaspoons honey
    2 teaspoons sesame seeds.

Fry off the salmon in a pan using only a little oil. Once the salmon is cooked, drain off any extra oil. Add the balsamic vinegar, honey and sesame seeds and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, turning the salmon in the glaze. You get a wonderful sticky, almost sweet n' sour taste. Add a little water if it gets too thick. I had it with a little bit of mashed potato and some steamed veg.

C
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    bump
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    I don't have a specific recipe, but my favorite way to eat salmon is cedar planked. You can buy the pre-packaged planks at Walmart/Cosco, etc. Just place your salmon filet on the plank and grill until cooked well through. I add lemon-pepper seasoning on top and serve it with rice and veggies.

This sounds amazing! Gotta try it!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    This looks great, but I haven't tried it. Everything else on her site rocks, though:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/05/broiled-salmon-with-rosemary-6-pts.html
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    This looks great, but I haven't tried it. Everything else on her site rocks, though:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/05/broiled-salmon-with-rosemary-6-pts.html

FYI, I made this recipe and it was SUPER yummy and only took about 10-12 minutes with prep & cooking time.
This discussion has been closed.