Fun question: you step into an elevator and. . .

theseus82
theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
You step into an elevator at the mall and find a magic wizard eerily reminiscent of Albus Dumbledore already waiting on it. He's at the mall doing some early Christmas shopping for the year, but takes to you rather quickly after you explain to him how the elevator buttons work. . .

--He offers you a deal: he can magic you into any date in the past or future for one day. You will be completely safe from harm and able to speak whatever language you will need to communicate (remember, Dumbledore's power was only matched by Voldemort himself). He says you can sightsee for any event you have any interest in witnessing.

--Would you want to go to the past or future? When and where would you want to go? Is there some event or place in history you would want to see in person? What would it be?

--If you choose the future instead, why do you think you'd want to see the future, and how far into the future would you go for this single day?

also: I mention "Voldemort" by name because I don't think we have anything to fear from his name. I refuse to hide behind the "He-who-must-not-be-named" business! ;)

Replies

• Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    He's magic. Why does he need an elevator?
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    He's magic. Why does he need an elevator?

He has to blend in with the Muggles, of course!

He wants to buy some Muggle knick-nacks for stocking stuffers! Where better than a Muggle Mall?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    17 May 2013, the day before the 590 million dollar powerball drawing.