Drinks with calories in them are a waste!

Options
I was just given a Cappuccino (Cappuccino, Skim Milk, 1 Sugar, 1 Mug (275ml) then I logged it, and to my shock, 111 calories!

It's just not worth it, I could of used those 111 calories on good solid food, I think for now I just stick to my water, green tea, and coke zeros. Drinking anything else just uses up calories and would probably make you very hungry because you have less room for food.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If I want it, it makes me happy and I have room in my budget then I have drinks with calories. I make room most every day for my Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Life without treats is boring.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If you consider the skim milk as nutritional, I mean it has protein and carbs, its not "waste". I use the milk in coffee to serve as part of my breakfast or snack, its not just empty calories that kill my diet. And really, 111 calories is not that bad, its less than a regular soda, and probably better for you as well. I don't think that all drinks with calories in them are a waste. I drink soy milk after a good workout as a protein supplement and snack before dinner. My breakfast this morning was a coffee latte made with soymilk and protein powder.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it's like anything else eating-wise. Is it worth the calories to you? If so you eat or drink it. If not skip it. I like to get a skinny caramel coconut latte on occasion. It's close to 20oz of skim milk so there's...120ish calories in a large. It's worth it to me. I enjoy the taste and it's dessert-y enough that I can skip a scone or cookie.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love froufrou coffee drinks...those calories would be totally worth it to me. Maybe not every day...but why not have something I enjoy now and then?
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    wine is always worth the calories to me
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I would rather drink beer than spend the calories on extra food on Fridays.

Also, if you ever find you need prune juice, you will never consider those calories a waste!:laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

My very first thought as well.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    one large frozen coke = 341 calories,

oh how I cry over this injustice, but really having it too often is not good for me anyways, so it's not the end of the world to have it now and then :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends honestly. I'm a little bit addicted to the skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, it has 9g of protein or something for 100 calories, it's actually not bad at all (although I've only had it twice as there's no convenient Starbucks location). You can definitely fit that in your day if you really want it.
  • JodiMMitchell
    JodiMMitchell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I make myself a pot of mocha coffee every few days or so. I add ice and half and half. 39 calories!! Totally worth it to me!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    luckily i can live without sodas for the most part (diet or regular) or fruit juices or smoothies (have them once in a while). so yeah, every now and then i'll "splurge" on a latte at 100 cals (I drink it without sugar), or a few times a year i'll get one of those ice/slush/caramel/coffee swirl things. it's not a huge amount of calories and i enjoy it. see now for ME, *I* wouldn't *waste* my cals on a 1000 calorie milk shake or 800 cals on a double cheeseburger... cause it's a LOT of calories.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Typically I drink only water, tea (no milk or sugar), and 1 cup of coffee with skim milk in e morning. Once in a while I will get a nonfat latte from Starbucks and I'll have them add two pumps of whatever flavor I like. This time of year... It's caramel brûlée. :drinker: Two pumps adds up to 30-50 cals depending on the flavor.

I also agree that wine is ALWAYS worth the calories though. :bigsmile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

8k708RW.jpg
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a white chocolate mocha...in which case, it's totally worth it. :drinker:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. 350 calories and totally worth it!! :drinker: and it's even better when I add Bailey's Irish Cream! LOL!

Edited to say the above poster is a genius!!! :love:
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    my protein shakes have about 210 calories. 170 for the protein powder, and I add about 50 calories worth of frozen fruits to it. I'll take 210 calories to get my protein as opposed to other options.
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I came to the same conclusion.... I really like to eat, so I'd rather save my calories for food and drink water. Sometimes I really miss juice, and sweet tea. I do drink coffee, I just learned to drink it without sugar, which knocks it down to 19 calories, which is worth it to me, because it makes me feel not hungry.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i beg to differ.... life is way too short, i am GOING TO ENJOY the things i love.,
    it is much more fun to work them off.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It is personal preference. To me drinking calories isn't a waste. I have near 3000 calories to work with so I get plenty of solid food and I am never hungry.
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    90 or so of those calories came from skim milk...I think a latte is a tasty way to enjoy some cow juice :0)