Single serving desserts?

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
My husband is not into sweets, so if I make dessert I either have it around forever or I eat too much of it. I was looking for some good single serve desserts.

Replies

• you can buy single serve desserts online .. optifast has some
  • meeper123
    Options
    Was thinking more like those coffe cup thingies you can make in the microwave or something.
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I here ya, i usually make coffee mug cakes, but i havent since i started counting calories. So Im not sure how many this recipe has.

chocolate mug cake
    3tbsp flour
    3tbsp sugar
    3tbsp cocoa powder
    tiny pinch baking powder
    tiny splash vanilla
    1 egg
    4tbsp Milk
    In a large mug mix dry ingrédients first. Add dry ingrédients and mix well. microwave on hugh for 3 mins and check for doneness with a fork.

You Can also make a delicious Apple cinnamon cake by using the same method with these ingredients:
    5tbsps flour
    3tbsps sugar
    tiny pinch baking soda
    tiny pinch cinnamon
    tiny splash vanilla
    5tbsp applesauce
    1egg
    1/2 Apple diced/peeled

Each makes 1 large serving.
  • melissalatzel24
    Options
    foodwhine.com has a "chocolate cake in a mug" recipe with pictures
  • meeper123
    Options
    Mmm sounds good
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the 3-2-1 cake? It's amazing - and you can mix it up with whatever cake mix you like.
    1 box angel food cake mix
    1 box regular cake mix (whatever flavor)
    Mix together. (I store mine in a big Ziploc in the cabinet.)

In a small microwavable dish, combine 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water.
    Microwave for 1 minute.
    Viola. :-)

(I usually add a tbl of fat free cool whip to give it a little zing.)
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Try making desserts in cupcake/muffin tins for a small size. Or you could go to someplace like Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some dishes called ramekins. The small ones are about the size of the palm of your hand and they're designed for things like creme brulee or flan for single servings (though you could make a cake or other things in there too besides brulee or flan).

With those you could easily make a creme brulee, flan, small cake, pie, cobbler or parfait. Pretty much endless, all in a nice portion sized cup. :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    does it have to be a dessert or are youjust looking for somethign sweet - i like to mix date honey or fruit spread (no sugar added) or my homemade vanilla extract with greek yogurt or low fat cream cheese.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Have you heard of the 3-2-1 cake? It's amazing - and you can mix it up with whatever cake mix you like.
    1 box angel food cake mix
    1 box regular cake mix (whatever flavor)
    Mix together. (I store mine in a big Ziploc in the cabinet.)

In a small microwavable dish, combine 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water.
    Microwave for 1 minute.
    Viola. :-)

(I usually add a tbl of fat free cool whip to give it a little zing.)

Oh wow thats so easy sounds great!!
  • meeper123
    Options
    does it have to be a dessert or are youjust looking for somethign sweet - i like to mix date honey or fruit spread (no sugar added) or my homemade vanilla extract with greek yogurt or low fat cream cheese.

I would eat that for dessertt as well
  • meeper123
    Options
    Try making desserts in cupcake/muffin tins for a small size. Or you could go to someplace like Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some dishes called ramekins. The small ones are about the size of the palm of your hand and they're designed for things like creme brulee or flan for single servings (though you could make a cake or other things in there too besides brulee or flan).

With those you could easily make a creme brulee, flan, small cake, pie, cobbler or parfait. Pretty much endless, all in a nice portion sized cup. :)

I will look into that