2 lbs a week... Is it possible

Cathy_5011
Cathy_5011 Posts: 78
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have seen many of you lose 2 lbs a week. I figured out if I can lose 2 lbs a week I can meet my short turn goal. So alitttle abbot me. I am 25 and 174. I would like to lose 20 lbs by end of sept.

Please send me suggestions :)

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    It is possible to lose 2/week. Adjust your settings so that you calorie goal is targeted for the 2 lbs per week goal. Stick to it, eat right, drink all your water, and exercise!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    yes it is possible. just stick with it , you can and will do it
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    I'm sure it all depends on the person... the week before i joing mfp I lost 4 lbs. Then I joined mfp and this past week I lost 3.5. I have a lot of water weight I'm sure that I'm losing tho. I eat my regular calories... and not many of my exercise calories. Maybe 50. Drink at least 64 oz of water. And go to the gym 5 days a week for at least 60 minutes. :) It can be tough, but totally worth it.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    My profile is set up for 2 lbs/wk. I can tell you it is possible.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    It is possible - last year when I was really sticking with things I was averaging a little over 2 lbs/week!

Biggest advice:

1) Drink Lots of Water

2) Eat Healthy foods - get rid of all the processed junk! Eat lean meats, lots of fruits/veggies, whole grains, low-fat dairy, beans and nuts. Don't be afraid to try new veggies & fruit or to try eating them in new ways. (Ex. I add spinach to scrambled eggs, and also to my smoothies!)

3) Don't be afraid to eat the number of calories MFP gives you. Eat at least half of your exercise calories. I wouldn't recommend eating them all because most people overestimate exercise calories, but when you workout, your body does need more fuel. I was losing 2 lbs/week eating most of my exercise calories.

4) Get enough sleep!

5) Track EVERYTHING you eat - it's a big eye opener!

6) Allow yourself a treat every now and then - it helps keep you on track. Just don't overdo it - eat a reasonable portion.

7) Don't be upset if you have a bad day. Just let it go and start again the next day.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've been able to lose up to 2 lbs a week on the weeks where I really watched what I ate, I worked out every day (at least 30 minutes and burned a minimum of 300 calories), and I didn't drink alcohol. I can't hit 2 lbs every week though, since I like to live a little and I'm 23 and go out with friends in DC. So if you really want to focus on losing weight for the next month and a half, you could probably do it if you stick to a plan. 20 lbs by the end of sept. is more than 2 lbs a week though. That's only 6 weeks away, so if you don't hit your goal by then, don't be discouraged. You really don't want to lose more than 2 lbs a week, it's not healthy.
  • good luck! it is possible! just stick with a plan!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It's possible if you have a lot to lose. I can tell you from how much your ticker says you're aiming to lose... you won't lose 2 lbs per week for long. I started with 40 lbs and I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, then after that, it was consistently 1 lb per week. Everyone is different... if you start to slow down, change your goal to 1 lb per week so you're eating enough.
This discussion has been closed.