Going to China,

Options
My brother is there on scholarship and wants to eat out a lot, does anyone have a list of restaurant's with nutrition info and some advice for eating healthy in China?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Well...lol.

I suppose that depends where you are visiting in China. I believe most of the major cities have a lot of street food that you can buy a la carte. but I simply don't know enough about China to advise you here.

For the most part he's on his own.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I don't know any pacific places, but I hear they have good Chinese foods in a lot of places.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You just might want to at least specify the city . . .
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    uhhhhm. I grew up in China so I'd say I would be qualified to give you some info, starting with the fact that China is the third biggest country in the world, so your lack of specificity is a bit of a hindrance. At least give me a vague idea of the province you'll be in?! or better yet, city??? suburb? Even just narrowing it down to 'Shanghai' won't help that much as it can take like 4-5 hours to get from 1 side to the other.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    The city I visited had dog, huge black insects, rabbit in a cage, chicken feet, fresh cut bamboo, eggs and veggies, and banana pancakes. No 'real" restaurants.
    Oh, and super spicy roast corn that was to die for!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's very sweet that you want to do this for him but I'm sorry to tell you that outside the US very few restaurants publish the calorie content of meals. I for one am glad as I like to eat out without having my sins slapped in my face! ;)

Suggest he buys some running shoes and keeps his portions a sensible size and he will be just fine.
  • Chiefkeef420
    Options
    Bejing and Najing, Lol. I guess I had a Freudian slip. But huge franchises nutrition would be more accessible anyway.