56lbs to lose :( really need support

Options
2»

Replies

• happygranny47
    Options
    You can do it. I have a lot to lose as well. I'm just going to take one day at a time. You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my starting weight was 272. I had a binge eating disorder so I sought therapy. I had to deal with issues in my head and understand personally the reasons why I was eating (it was not about the food-shocker).

Then we got into talking about movement. Notice I am not saying exercise. I mean movement. Getting up, walking, parking further away, etc. I was psychologically conditioning myself into the start of an exercise program. Then I started exercising. I kept trying different things to find out what I really loved.

Well I started running when I hit 253 pounds! Yep! Well running might be a normal weights person fast walk LOL but for me I felt like Forest Gump--" I was runNING! That really started shaping my body. I am now 227.

Then I started lifting weights and I got to MFP and I document EVERYTHING I eat. It doesn't go in my mouth without getting documented. The good, bad and ugly. That way if I don't lose I just have to look at my food diary and I will know why. It's no mystery.

Weight loss is also not linear. There will be weeks that you may not lose. But the visceral fat is disappearing. That is the dangerous fat that surrounds your organs.

You can do this. But make no mistake sister, you are going to have to make yourself a priority. And the very fact that you are here shows that you are. Congratulations. That is a major first step. You can do this. Now go own it!