68 pouds gone

Options
July 2009 I arrived in Vegas for a much needed vacation with my sister. We live 1200 miles apart. I became alarmed when I relized we were not going to certain places because we didnot want to walk there. (Even though neither would admit, we just had an ecuse). I watched my sister and relized that she was my mother all over and she was going to die. I had to tell her, we had a very heart felt tear filled conversation.We both half hearted commited to losing weight. We went home and continued to live unhealty, and then one day I looked in the mirror and was enough, I went and joined a gym lost 5 pounds and got my sister tojoin a gym. Little by little we relized we were not on a diet, we had changed to a healthy life. Yes we have our pitfalls, yes we get frustred , but a pound lost is 1 pound closer to our goals. Although 1200 miles apart we are each others support. Today I have lost 68 pounds and my sister has lost 70. The journey is not complete but I actully can buy clothes and think,I look GOOD! I came accross this saying GET UP AND FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Such a nice story. Well done to you and your sister's success so far! :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! That is exactly what it is.. A LIFESTYLE !!! I wish you both a continued HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE!!!!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Yo are an inspiration...both of you , keep up the good work & fee confident on your journey. Good luck.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congrtulations to you both and I wish you continued success!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Great job and good luck to both you and your sister.

1571613.png
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to both of you, thanks for sharing your story.. I am glad you both decided to change your lifestyles and encourage each other to do this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!