Hi!!

Options
I am so glad to have found this website. I have tried in the past to lose weight......the problem was, I was afraid to admit that I was trying...because I always went in knowing I would fail....so I would never tell anyone....this time is different. I am not going to fail....I will succeed....I know I have finally had enough....I am not fooling myself or anyone else....just being the jolly fat girl. I love my life and everyone in it. I have a wonderful and supportive boyfriend who loves me no matter what the scale says....I have a loving family......I have a great job and great friends......I just want to enjoy it all at a healthier weight. :drinker:

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Wow! That story sounds familiar! I love this site. It is so helpful supporting and being supported by people who know what you are going through. I never realized dieting culd be so simple! Good Luck!
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome! I joined for the same reasons! I have the best boyfriend and daughter one could ask for. He supports me so much and my friends have been majorly supportive as well. That helps make the process such a success! You also have to be in that mindset that you will NOT fail. So KUDOS to you! All of my friends are on here and they are really motivating me to succeed and I am motivating them to succeed as well. My friend MarytheIcecube has the motivational group and it's really good to go to on those days you dont think you can keep going.