Healthy Fast Food Options

Hi all,

I need some help. I travel on a weekly basis so Fast Food is usually the only thing that I can pick up. I would like some suggestion on healthy fast food options. Right now I love the McDonald's Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad. It is 370 calories w/o dressing. To be honest due to the salsa that is put in the salad you dont even need dressing. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Replies

• jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Hi all,

I need some help. I travel on a weekly basis so Fast Food is usually the only thing that I can pick up. I would like some suggestion on healthy fast food options. Right now I love the McDonald's Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad. It is 370 calories w/o dressing. To be honest due to the salsa that is put in the salad you dont even need dressing. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Hi all,

that's a pretty good option, I also use a lot of salsa with my meals instead of dressings unless I have a lite dressing I can get a hold of, or even better, make your own low cal dressing and take it with you!!
  • Most places you go, they have a nutritional menu. I have gotten one from Arby's, McDonalds, and chick-fil-a has one inside. If not, look online. I google the info before I go to see what I can get. Hope that helps! Chicken Nuggets at McDOnalds aren't that bad...
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Jack in the Box has a Chicken Fajita Pita that is really good and only around 250 cals (in that range, don't remember the exact number).

Taco Bell has chicken gorditas that you can order Fresco Style, that replaces the cheese/sauce with a salsa mix. Actually, it looks like Taco Bell has an entire new fresco menu, everything under 350 cals.

Off of the top of my head that's what I can think of that I've tried and still tastes pretty good...good luck :)
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I used to get Wendy's salads, the chinese chicken was quite good. I only used a little dressing; you can ask for light version.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Subway..... mmmm..... pretty much anything from there is ok....... although I would avoid the BLT and the meatball subs :tongue: I like turkey. Their roasted Chicken salads are really yummy too!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Try out this website. It's been helpful for me.

www.healthydiningfinder.com

Also...sometimes salads have a TON of sodium (like a whole day's worth), so be careful if you are watching your blood pressure.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wendy's salads are good (I like the mandarin chicken salad with reduced fat ranch), or the grilled chicken sandwich without sauce and a side salad with fat free french or reduced fat ranch is a good meal. I also love the Wendy's chili and it is diet friendly and very filling.

I have eaten the Taco Bell Fresco Style menu a bit here and there (usually while at the mall with friends). The Fresco style Chicken Border Bowl is wonderful and very filling as well. It's like 350 calories, 9 g fat and 10 g fiber. Trust me, you eat that, you won't be hungry for awhile!! LOL!

But, you can pretty much order anything on the Taco Bell menu fresco style and it will be better than it was. It just means, they leave the cheese and sauces off. I honestly don't miss it! The chicken soft tacos are good and the chicken fiesta burrito fresco style is good. They put a fresh salsa on instead which I find tastes better anyway!!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    I am getting ready for a 3 week vacation with my teenagers- we all know that teenagers can and will eat everything. I am looking up my family's favorite resteraunts NOW and figuring out what I can eat in each of the places. I am going to make a little notebook of what I can eat with the calories, carbs etc. that I will keep in my purse for the trip. This will not cover all the places we stop but I am ready for the "favorites" at least. It worked last night because we went out and Iknew the types of things to look for and while the family had steak and potatoes, I had Gumbo and salad (which I had already figured for in my daily eating.)

LJ:happy:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    This is geeky, but I have a "cheat sheet" in my purse. I looked up every fast food restaraunt's nutrition facts on their websites and wrote down options for myself. That way I always know what I can have wherever I might end up. If you are really stuck, a kid's meal is usually a decent option.