Progress Pic, 50lbs lost

Options
Sapporo
Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
Going to be blunt, I'm posting this because I feel like a failure and I hate the way I'm still so fat after all this time (look at my join date there!). Need to remind myself that 50 is better than 0 or having gained.
I had a baby nearly 3 years ago and I had lost weight before that only to regain it plus some. This is it though, I have been consistent the last 3 months which is when the last 20lbs has come off. Strength training is my main exercise and I'm finding following IIFYM a lot more successful than a rigid diet plan (I would screw that up then go long periods of not logging).
Height is 5'8", age 36.

50lbslostsideshots_zps4d59c339.jpg

Replies

• melodylou
    melodylou Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic loss. No sense dwelling on the past. Keep up the good work and keep moving forward!:smile:
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. It's taken me 22 months to loose this weight/ 45 lbs. You hang in there kiddo, cause you are lookin' great, and you will look and feel better still. Best days are ahead of you.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are making PROGRESS!!!! Excellent keep going!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My mom always says "takes one pound to make 100." Great job and keep up the good work! Add me if you'd like!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You have done great, llook wonderful. Even if you dont lose another ounce, you have done something great for yourself. Be proud and just continue to be the best you can.
  • Sapporo
    Options
    Thanks so much all of you, it means a lot.
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well you're doing better than me :)
  • Sapporo
    Options
    Well you're doing better than me :)

Aw you're still awesome :)
  • jpace00
    Options
    You lost about 2 pounds a week over a 6 month period. That's a really great job. You wouldn't have wanted to lose it much faster anyway, what you're doing is the healthy way. Just keep up whatever you're doing and keep motivated.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! 50lb is impressive!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations upon your 50-pound loss!
    The difference in your appearance is striking.
    Using IIFYM, or If It Fits Your Macros, meansyou are learning
    a new way to think about eating your favorite foods.
    It is my belief that you will maintain your loss very easily in the future.
    Best wishes!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look great! and doing wonderful! I know its hard when it takes so long..but you definitely see an amazing difference! I get discouraged myself..so I look for NSVs to help me feel better...or weigh in and look at the number..even if I had a gain..its still a major difference from where I was..YOU GOT THIS!!!! Keep it going!!! :)
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You are looking great and 50 pounds is an amazing loss!! Be proud of yourself, no matter how long it took (that's something I have to remind myself about too). Keep up the great work
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in three months. You look fantastic..

Your stomach is smaller, legs are thinner, face thinner !!!! +++++

You are doing Great, Keep it up !!!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    look at the stomach OMG!! u didnot want to stay the same ever.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are making progress. Stick to it. Make sustainable, long term lifestyle changes and make it stick. Keep it up, you will get there. No magic pills, no genie to snap its fingers, just you making it happen. I hope you stay with it and I even hope you enjoy the ride!
  • dahliadale
    Options
    You are giving me hope! I joined right after my Dad died! Not a good time to try to make eating changes!! I just started here again, about a week ago...and have 50 pounds thatIi want to rid myself of. You are proof that if I just don't give up, i can get there. 1 1/2 years ago I lost 60 pounds in 4 months..eating very Low Carb. I just could not continue that strict diet...and have gained back 25 of that. This time....my goal is 1 pound a week, and following the guidelines on my fitness pal. It is very tempting to want to lose weight really fast. I read the book "Shift"...my brother recommended it. WOW! Great Book!
    I am "shifting " my thinking. You can do the same. Look at your before and after! You are a beautiful woman in both pictures.
    Good luck!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    You have made awesome progress so far! I know it can be frustrating when results are not seen as quick as we would like, but don't give up. Keep these pics for when you need a little boost and keep up the good work!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You can really tell a difference!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You can really see the difference. You should be extremely proud! It is a lot of work losing weight and it takes a tremendous amound ot will power and effort and you should be proud of every ounce that you have managed to lose! Living healthy is a lifetime journey.... Keep working! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!