What's it like to turn 40, by Louis C.K.

DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
Louis C.K. put's it perfectly, at this link, what's it like to turn 40. He puts it in his words the reason why I had to get in shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEhoyXpqzQ&feature=player_embedded

Warning: Some harsh language.

Replies

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    I just turned 40 last week and boy it hasn't hit me yet. Sometimes it feels like you are "half dead" like he mentioned, sometimes it feels like a turning point, a fork in the road. Thanks for sharing that, made me laugh!:smooched:
  • I turn 40 in 8 days...can't believe it. :frown:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    I just celebrated the 16th Anniversary of my 40th Birthday.
  • Okay...I have to admit that I laughed my head off watching that clip...so thanks for sharing. I really needed it. But really...I turned 40 last year and loved it. It was like new beginning...despte the soreness in my hip. LOL
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    ROTFL! I have tears in my eyes! I love the beginning more than the ankle.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    ROTFL! I have tears in my eyes! I love the beginning more than the ankle.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    :laugh:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    I just celebrated the 16th Anniversary of my 40th Birthday.

Happy Anniversary :laugh: :laugh:
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Turning 40 was just a number.....I'm proud to celebrate a birthday every year ( I love the birthday cake) that just means I survived another wonderful year. The more birthdays you have, the more wonderful years you get with your family. (oh yeah...and cake).
    40 + is great. Enjoy it.
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Not 40 yet, but on the way there slowly. It's nice to know what I have to look forward to. LOL! Thanks for the laugh, I so needed it.
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    lol.. I just turned 40 a few months ago. (The date on my profile is incorrect) I tell you it has not been easy being out of my 30's however beside the number and a few grays here and there I am still confident in who I am and what I can accomplish. If anything I can truthfully say that I feel motivated to live like never before. :bigsmile:

Does any one else feel this way????
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I am 56, and my 94 year old mother said it best: "Growing old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW Blossom, you can change your birthdate to the correct info by going to home> settings>diet and fitness profile, and correcting your birthdate were indicated. Then save your change, and your profile will update to correct info.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    40?????

Damn well wish I was just about to turn 40!!!! I'll be 50 at the end of the year. Anybody moaning about 50, you wanna be close to the half-century and see how it feels when you try to do side splits!!!
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    I am 56, and my 94 year old mother said it best: "Growing old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW Blossom, you can change your birthdate to the correct info by going to home> settings>diet and fitness profile, and correcting your birthdate were indicated. Then save your change, and your profile will update to correct info.

:flowerforyou: Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • Just Turned 40 Sunday August 15th all I can say Is My next 40 years?????
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member

:flowerforyou: Thank you!:flowerforyou:

You are welcome. Bet ya feel younger already!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.