How to get rid of flabby arms and get a big butt?!?

Options
is it possible to do this in a week?!

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you know a plastic surgeon....
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Cut off the arms and eat a couple gallons of Ben and Jerry's. Solved. And that will not even take the whole week ;)
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In a week? Yeah, no, I would be highly suspicious of anyone who claimed they had a cure-all fix that quick without invasive survey.

Long term, you could exercise (especially lifting weights) and stay hydrated while focusing on slow-and-steady weight loss. Depending on your level of "flab" and generics it may go away altogether, partially, or have very little change. But the main factor is time.
  • here2inspire
    Options
    In a week? Yeah, no, I would be highly suspicious of anyone who claimed they had a cure-all fix that quick without invasive survey.

Long term, you could exercise (especially lifting weights) and stay hydrated while focusing on slow-and-steady weight loss. Depending on your level of "flab" and generics it may go away altogether, partially, or have very little change. But the main factor is time.

thanks! better to have long term and STAY LONGER TERM than to do something fake, lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not much is going to change in a week but if you work on deadlifts and squats over time it can help with toning your legs and glutes. To tone your arms work on your triceps and biceps. Unfortunately, we don't get to choose where we lose the fat, we can only work the muscle groups to improve their tone and hope that by eating healthy the fat will eventually burn off and you'll see more definition in the areas that you have been working on. It's really weird and I'm not sure why or how to explain it but when I did the 30 day squat challenge the tone in my legs and glutes were very noticeable but I can work on my triceps and biceps for three months and even though my strength improves, my arms still look flabby.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sadly the two are contradictory. To shrink your arms you need to eat at a deficit to lose fat. To get a bigger butt you need to eat at a surplus. The two can't happen at the same time. Decide which is your priority and do that first.
  • AccioFitness
    Options
    Sadly the two are contradictory. To shrink your arms you need to eat at a deficit to lose fat. To get a bigger butt you need to eat at a surplus. The two can't happen at the same time. Decide which is your priority and do that first.

Never underestimate the power of a good squat. A great booty do they make.
  • stayclassyanom
    Options
    Lift weights and do squats! And no you cannot see good results in a week, its gonna take time and work!
    Even with surgery, you would need recovery time lolz!
  • AccioFitness
    Options

thanks! better to have long term and STAY LONGER TERM than to do something fake, lol

Yes, long term is DEFINTELY better. You can likely achieve a good bit of physical change through changing your lifestyle and exercise. Squats, weights, etc will help a lot in building muscle (getting toned is merely a media-laden way to say building muscle). But remember there isn't really such a thing as spot treatment. You can't lose fat from only one place, although many people wish they could.

There are exercises that can focus on one specific body area (leg days. core workouts, etc) but remember it's important to focus equally on all of your body. It would suck to have a killer butt my spindly arms. ;)
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Do it in a week, in Your dreams! Not to be a smart aleck but I've never known anyone who could do this! Sometimes it takes months to get where it is that you want to be, unless your willing to go under the knife! Flabby arms need weights! Light weights with lots of reps for them to be smaller in size, and then heaver weight to build and define! Booty depends a lot on your own genes, unless you are just talking about lifting it! In that case there are plenty of exercises for that, If you go to fitness ,com right now they are showing videos for workouts on the buttocks! I walk everyday, I do the booty lift routine, and whenever I am standing I tighten those suckers up! Bird dog is a great exercise for butts too! On all fours like a pointer dog Raise your leg behind you and point with your hand in front of you hold for 30 seconds to start, and then do the other side, you will increase the time as you get stronger. I can do a half hour, and just either meditate or watch the tube! Also try wall sitting, not as easy as it sounds but just do what you can,, and as you get stronger increase! you can do this at your own pace which is good, it's up to you and your body how fast you move on. also do squats sumo wrestling style to the count of eight and on 8 pulse 8 times. try to do this rep starting with three reps three times a week, when you go into the pulse on number 8 remember to squeeze you buttocks together and hold them that way through the full count!
    Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    We all need to remember that's there is no such thing as spot training! When you work out you lose weight everywhere, not just
    in one area! It would be nice, but I've never seen one report from any Doctor that contradicted this assessment!
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    10,000 tricep kickbacks with a tiny dumbbell and just as many leg kickbacks.