Anyone tried KettleWorx?

Options
I wanted to start doing some Kettlebell workouts and the only Kettlebells at the exchange came with KettleWorx DVDs- I figured it would give me a good basis to figure out some exercises to do. Has anyone done the KettleWorx program? Did you get good results with it?

I'm coming from a very, VERY out of shape starting point (I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but my fitness level is atrocious!), so I'm hoping that this will be a good intro to strength and cardio- once I get stronger and have access to a gym I'd like to start lifting heavy with free weights.

(I did the first workout 3 days ago and every single muscle in my body was so sore that I could barely walk to my car- but I did the second one today and am feeling good!)

Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight about the program :)

Replies

• Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There is a new set of workouts coming out which I'm hoping are bit more interesting...what made me bail on the first set was the overall format was so boring .... Each little vignette the same and plugged into the new video....people will say they work, just that format was a huge negative for me
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    MaryT- I know what you mean. I've gotten through 3 weeks, and am really enjoying the results so far, but I got a weightlifting bar and some weights because I was just getting so darn bored! I have a tough time sticking to something that bores me. But I have learned a lot of great moves from it, and I plan to go forward with using the videos, although most likely not 3x a week every week. I think I will do one or two, and do some free weight lifting instead on other days. I don't plan to completely put the videos away, though, because I really do like what it's been doing for my strength and appearance so far :)