The Philippines

Options
Contrarian
Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
One of my team members at work has 2 brothers and their families who were in the hardest hit area of The Philippines. She still doesn't know if they are okay, because communications are down in the region. If you have the means, please do donate to the Philippine Red Cross or another charity that is helping. They need us. http://www.redcross.org.ph/

I have other friends who have loved ones there, too. This isn't a country with a strong, supportive infrastructure for the poor at the best of times. When people lose, they lose everything. There are people now who are sliding corpses aside to get canned goods to survive.
If you can help, please do. I'm sure they'd help you, if you needed it.

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Donating. Thank you for posting.
    Donated.
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Done. thanks for posting!
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Thank you.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Done.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Before bed bump.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thank you for raising awareness :) I am so blessed that Manila is not m, affected by the typhoon that's why I am gonna help in the best way that I can
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    It is an awful tragedy.

Will be donating to an appeal in Australia to this on pay day.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    We have many friends in the Philippines, fortunately they are in Manila. This is heartbreaking....
    We are looking at setting up a gig to raise funds.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    It's so nice to see that people cares about my country :) faith in humanity restored lol :heart:
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    It's so nice to see that people cares about my country :) faith in humanity restored lol :heart:

I love PH, I lived nearby in Taiwan last year. We have many good friends that live there :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options

I love PH, I lived nearby in Taiwan last year. We have many good friends that live there :flowerforyou:

Aww that is great <3:flowerforyou: Good thing your friends are in Manila! I am in Manila too and the worst we had here were strong winds.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Whats the situation in Quezon City, Manila? Were they hit badly ? I have a mfp friend who lives there and i am worried about her.
  • bluebelltinkerbell
    Options
    My dad lives in PH, thankfully he is fine as is my little brother and sister and dads wife. They live in the mountains he skyped and said they had a lot of rain and mud slides. My thoughts go out to those affected. Terrible situation, I hope help gets to all who need it
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Whats the situation in Quezon City, Manila? Were they hit badly ? I have a mfp friend who lives there and i am worried about her.

Nope! the border to Quezon City is walking distance from my house :happy: the north part of the Philippines (Luzon) wasn't affected really. She's fine :)
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    A good friend of mine set up a project which was launched in 2009 / 2010 which brought together donations of money and goods from the UK to provide a small aid project for people affected by the devastating typhoons in the Philippines.

The project is able to offer help to people affected by the 2013 Typhoon Haiyan too.
    If you are able to donate, please do, every little certainly helps.

http://higherrhythmfoundation.com/menu/hrf-project-2009-2010/
  • Contrarian
    Options
    If you can help, please do. If you can't, then please keep them in your thoughts.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to hear, but I think most of my wife's family that is there fared well during this storm.
    So devastating.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's so awful, I was in tears this morning watching the news. My dads girlfriend lives in Cebu (luckily he's in HK atm) and he heard from her this morning, very briefly before the call dropped but at least she and her family are alive. Just praying they are managing to get hold of food and water.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Cebu is starting to have their phone services back to normal :) he should be talking to her for a longer time soon :)