Reality Check..

BatCola
BatCola Posts: 64 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Just thinking about something in general... this morning for breakfast and lunch I done well... ok I have like 1.5 calories left in my day... so I read another thread about cheating or whatever... that leave almost a meal at McDonalds.. (yes I said it) leftover?? Is it better to eat what you want for one meal then go sparingly on the others... I am just curious b/c I am trying to get an understanding about eating.

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I'm not entire sure what you mean when you're talking about leaving a meal at McDonalds, but in general it's better to spread your calories throughout the day - eat a good breakfast (most people don't eat enough!), good lunch, and good dinner (most people eat too much for dinner). I try to keep my meals between 300 and 400 calories each, then I eat healthy snacks during the day. It's a strain on your body if you go most of the day with very little then eat a ton for one meal.
  • BatCola
    I am just finding something interesting like for breakfast it was water and a diet bar... lunch was a salad and hardboiled eggs with an egg roll... snack so far was nuts chocolate chips and fruit mix... I still have like 1500 calories left in my day for dinner that is like eating at Mcdonalds... what I am trying to gain a grip on is no matter how you do it if you stay in your range you'll lose weight right??? sorry so confusing I get hyper...
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    I've always heard/read that your biggest meal should be breakfast, and your smallest should be dinner. So, eat your most calorie-dense meal in the morning, have an average lunch, and a calorie-light dinner with healthy snacks in-between to meet your calorie goal. If you've got to have McDonalds for a meal every now and then (I get it...we all have our vices) then just be sure to leave room for that with your other meals.
  • BatCola
    Mcdonalds was an example... its like ok I have all these calories left over??? and that looks odd to me??? (Not an avid McDonalds fan)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I am just finding something interesting like for breakfast it was water and a diet bar... lunch was a salad and hardboiled eggs with an egg roll... snack so far was nuts chocolate chips and fruit mix... I still have like 1500 calories left in my day for dinner that is like eating at Mcdonalds... what I am trying to gain a grip on is no matter how you do it if you stay in your range you'll lose weight right??? sorry so confusing I get hyper...

I would definitely suggest eating a better breakfast (try eggs, oatmeal, fruit, milk, etc. ) Diet bars aren't that good for you. Don't be afriad to eat a good hearty meal for breakfast -it will keep you full longer. Try eating high-calorie but healthy foods like beans, brown rice, etc.

You can add beans and chicken or turkey to a salad for lunch and it will still be healthy, but more filling and more calories.

It's hard at first to learn how to spread your calories out, but if you have 1500 left for dinner, you should definitely start eating more of those calories earlier.
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Just being in your calorie rang is NOT enough for effective weight loss. You MUST eat healthy foods and snacks. I could easily eat a McDonalds twice a day (if thats all I eat) and still be within my calorie rang, but I will not lose any weight do this. Why? Because the body is getting its food so infrequently that it will start to store everything that it receives. For effective lasting weight loss you must eat smaller meals more frequently.
  • BatCola
    I guess the thing is ... it amazes me how food can add up.. and having that much left over yeah I need to spread that out.. I think a physical journal would help too.. just thought I would share..
  • i agree with accountant boi... dont leave so many calories for dinner!
    have a better breakfast from now on and eat more calories during the day. calorie dense, BUT healthy foods.
    many ppl say a calorie is a calorie but i do not agree! eating at mcdonalds would overwhelm ur body with sodium and fat and a whole lotta nothing but crap nutrients. so i know u do have lots of calories leftover today.... i suggest u eat a good dinner filled with a healthy grain loads of veggies... some chicken or fish. then have some fruit for dessert.
    dont aim for 1500 calories all in one sitting.

but seriously starting tomorrow i suggest u have a bigger breakfast.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Letting others read your food diary is helpful.
This discussion has been closed.