Juicing fruits&veges-less cals than eating them whole?

Options
Cups and cups of their fibres come out, I find it difficult to believe that juicing them has as much calories as eating them whole. Am I wrong. I don't know how to log juicing.

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yes. Juicing them is fewer calories than whole. You should be able to search for fruit juices on here, but you will probably have to log them by volume (cups or ounces) rather than by the amount of fruit that you juiced.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If I can't find juice nutrition facts here I just find raw fruit, see how much calories it has per gram/ounce/etc, then I juice it and weight the juice only instead of whole fruit. Lol, might not be the most accurate since leftovers are mostly fiber and in juice you get mostly water and sugar. But works for me. Not like that cals left in leftovers is enough to make any difference anyways, assuming you don't drink stupid amounts of juice like that. ^^

Or you could just mash up the whole fruit in special machine or blender, or something, so there isn't any leftovers...
  • Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Actually, that is probably a good idea. Instead of just juicing things, blend them into a smoothie. Just drinking the juice will make you hungry faster (and also make you crave carbs) The fiber from eating the whole thing will make you feel full longer and you will probably end up eating less.