Sluggishness - low energy

Options
Hello,
I've been on a diet for over a week, and lost 3 kgs. I generally eat 1300-1500 cals a day and walk 40+ minutes a day.
Now I'm getting tired and lacking in energy. I can't be bothered getting up and exercising.
I have a long way to go, and must succeed. My Fitness Pal recommends I eat even less, 1200 a day.

How can I overcome the low energy?

52963416.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Make sure you're getting all of the macro and micro nutrients that you need, and up your calorie intake if you need to.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough. The lethargy you are describing is your body telling you that you are not eating enough. (have you gone low carb, because that could also be a reason for such low energy)

You have lost 3kg in a week ... this is over 6lbs, recommended weekly weight loss is 2lbs is you are obese. A lot of those 3kg will have been water, so I wouldn't worry yet, but I would keep an eye on it.

MFP can only give you the number for your entries. If you look back over your diet/fitness profile, I suspect you chose both losing 2lbs a week and you put yourself as sedentary. Ask yourself whether you have enough weight to lose to support a 1000 calorie deficit a day. Furthermore check whether you are truly sedentary or whether lightly active might be more what you are.

Also MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories back, so log those walks and eat at least half if not more back.

Good luck :-)
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I've been on a diet for over a week, and lost 3 kgs. I generally eat 1300-1500 cals a day and walk 40+ minutes a day.
    Now I'm getting tired and lacking in energy. I can't be bothered getting up and exercising.
    I have a long way to go, and must succeed. My Fitness Pal recommends I eat even less, 1200 a day.

Exactly the information provided above. Listen to your body.

Move your mindset from a "diet" (short term) to healthy lifestyle (long term). What you do now you will do for the rest of your life. If you are lacking in energy, then something is wrong, and your current macros are out.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Motivation - mind over matter.

You haven't said much about your current stats and you diary is closed so nobody knows what you're eating.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As a friend of mine recently said, "I hate it when you 'play doctor....'" There may be a medical reason for the sudden onset of fatigue - anemia, low blood sugar, etc. Perhaps you would think about taking a blood test just to rule these out..... FEEL BETTER!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    I include Herbalife diet on my daily food intake, now I always get the 1200 cal per day, and never let myself starve throughout the day. Hope this helps
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    And if I may say, getting more inspiration will also help you a lot. :)