reaching my goal

Options
i cant seem to reach my target :cry: i really want to try to gain weight and recover from anorexia after 17 yrs of suffering but find it SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to eat more. can anyone give me any advice/help?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you getting help from a doctor?
  • HarolDean
    HarolDean Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to expand your stomach a little bit at a time by just eating a little more each day until you can comfortably reach your calorie goal.

One thing that will help is making shakes when you feel like there is no way you can eat anymore. They are much easier to consume than the solid food calorie equivalent
    High Calorie shake example: 2 scoops of protein, 2 banana's, 1 cup each of raspberry, strawberries & blackberries and 2 tbsp of peanut butter is over 800 calories. It's delicious and really easy to down
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Agree with the high calorie shakes. They really help to get the extra calories in.

Are you on any medication to boost appetite?

Medical marajuana (from a dr.) has been shown to help in some cases. If it is legal in your state it may be worth a shot. Good luck though, mental battles are the hardest.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thankyou all for your help and advice i will try the shakes :smile: and hopefully that will help me on my way to recovery x
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i get help from a lady who helps people with eating disorders she helps with my worries