BOOORRRREEED in London!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    All great suggestions! If only I weren't so lazy :sad: (and cold). I guess it's drinking coffee on my couch and watching Netflix under 5 blankets :cry:
    That sounds great to me!! lol! I plan on doing that later today here in Connecticut! :tongue:

Winter has hit us here in New England!! Brrrrrrr!!!
  • Pickledpiper
    Pickledpiper Posts: 137 Member
    http://www.timeout.com/london

I love playing tourist in London. Pick an area you don't know and have a walk. If the weather is crap travel upstairs on the bus. I checked out Peckham yesterday, which turned out to have lovely pockets.

I try to do that with the fam on the weekends. My trouble is during the week when they are at work/school and I have only a few hours in the middle of the day to kill so I have to stay somewhat local to my area of London (which isn't very exciting).
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    buy a supersaver train ticket & go on a long train ride; I did it a while back, went to Edinburgh & didn't even leave the station!

read a magazine, a bit of book, look out the window, talk to a few people, drink a beer,

great fun :smile:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    The British Museum got a great exhibition on gold works from 'el Dorado' it's definitely worth a look! It's all super shiny and pretty impressive!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    buy a supersaver train ticket & go on a long train ride; I did it a while back, went to Edinburgh & didn't even leave the station!

read a magazine, a bit of book, look out the window, talk to a few people, drink a beer,

great fun :smile:
    That sounds awesome! I want to come over and do that!!
  • I hear you. Im the same but just south of you in Kent. Only so many Youtube videos you can watch in a day. :)
  • Pickledpiper
    I hear you. Im the same but just south of you in Kent. Only so many Youtube videos you can watch in a day. :)

I just signed up for Netflix, so that's where i'm at at the moment.....I think I've already watched all the youtube videos I would be interested in....
  • Pickledpiper
    The British Museum got a great exhibition on gold works from 'el Dorado' it's definitely worth a look! It's all super shiny and pretty impressive!

I haven't seen that yet!! Sounds like it's worth checking out :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    If you like jewellery the exhibitit "The Cheapside Hoard" at the London museum is fascinating.

http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/london-wall/whats-on/exhibitions-displays/cheapside-hoard-londons-lost-jewels/

You're in Wimbledon, right? Go check out the Korean grocers in New Malden.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I despise London, so I usually escape into Kent when I want to do anything somewhat productive.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    check out 'The Tunnel' on catchup, watch the first 4 episodes, fab series
  • Pickledpiper
    If you like jewellery the exhibitit "The Cheapside Hoard" at the London museum is fascinating.

http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/london-wall/whats-on/exhibitions-displays/cheapside-hoard-londons-lost-jewels/

You're in Wimbledon, right? Go check out the Korean grocers in New Malden.

Actually both great ideas. And the Korean grocers I could do while my kid is in school.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    I'm in London! Very bored at work right now :(

I go gym when I'm bored its so close to my home (90 second walk)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Bored just outside London too. I had to wear four layers to do my walk this morning!! Brrrr.

My daughter and I like to play tourist in the school holidays, we go visit the penguins and Ray at the aquarium, look at the pelicans in the park, and we normally go say hello to the dinosaurs at the natural history museum but this summer there was a queue for 45 minutes to get in!! We gave it a miss!!
  • rednailvarnish
    rednailvarnish Posts: 36 Member
    I went to the science museum at the weekend as it was raining – this weekend I Am going to the natural history one and the V and A one. You could look at events on meetup as well !
  • Pickledpiper
    move to an other country

Already did, that's how I ended up in London.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    There are no words to describe how much I love London, heck, ALL of GB. My BFF and I went on a trip to England and France in '97 and had the best time! It's so easy to get around London courtesy of the Underground, I think I could lead a tour!

- Hopeless Anglophile in Central Ohio, USA
  • Pickledpiper
    I went to the science museum at the weekend as it was raining – this weekend I Am going to the natural history one and the V and A one. You could look at events on meetup as well !

Yeah I went to the Science Museum last weekend. I may check out the British Museum again as I haven't been in a few months.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Imagine you are in Iowa....trust me, London would be infinitely preferable!