New Week... so frustrated!

Options
So I have been out of pocket the last week, not tracking... not exercising.. because I had the flu. Completely bed ridden. Anyway, did not eat much all week, and gained 2.6 pounds... has does that happen! Frustrated.. but not giving up... back to it in moderation starting today (still not 100%) sigh!!!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Fluid retention is normal when the body is fighting a pathogen.
    Do not despair, it will most likely come off in a few more days.
    5lbs is a normal daily fluctuation for most people. (it doesn't mean you've gained 2.6lbs of "fat", it's just water)
  • nyc1man
    Options
    33lbs Wow,:happy: I agree it is maybe water but really you lost 33lbs don't worry about it get back on that horse and show it who is boss. I just started and lost 5 lbs in 10 days so i feel great. :wink:
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nope.. not 33lbs.. I wish. I would go celebrate with a piece of cake... ha ha ha.. I have 33lbs to go, but have lost about 13! Congrats on your 5lbs!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    As others are saying, You're body retains water for healing whether from a bacteria, virus or muscle strain. Take care of yourself and don't push too hard until you are well. Make sure you are getting lots of protein and vitamins and minerals and fluids to help you heal.