Oh My!

girl1979
girl1979 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Just signed up and it seems pretty easy...........when inputting my food, was shocked and stunned at what i thought was good was actually quite not so good. Will try and figure it out so i can get it right. Does anyone know of where i can get some decent scales so first of all i can have the shock of my life and secondly how do i input weight change..........as am being optimistic that sitting here adding all this and doing some exercise will work!:smile:

Replies

• PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Welcome I am new as well and feel free to add me as your friend. To update your weight just click the tab on the top of your screen that says "check in". I picked up my digital scale at Walmart to weigh myself. To weigh my food I actually got a digital postal scale. You can pick one up from your post office. The great thing about that is I can put a plate on it and zero it out and then weigh my food on my plate.

Good luck
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    I got my scale at WalMart and it measures right along with my Docs. this is a really good site for tracking everything (as shocking as it is initially) good luck and welcome
  • txtree50
    txtree50 Posts: 51
    For a scale to weigh myself, I bought the Tanita Solar Scale at Target. I have had it about 5 years so I don't know if they still have that type. You can always do some research on the internet to see what is the best type to buy.

I have seen very high tech food scales but I just have a simple one that I picked up at a health food store. Hope this helps.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Greetings! Yes, it is an eye opening experience. If you really want to be sick, read the nutrition labels on salad dressing.

Don't know about a person scale. We have one, but don't know what it's called

However, don't buy a "food" scale just because it says "food" scale. We use a shipping scale that weighs grams, oz, etc.

We bought ours at Harbor Frieght for $15 when it was on sale. It's in the one on the right, at the top. However, I notice if you scroll down they have one on sale for $10 that looks like it does anything you would need a food scale to do.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?category=&q=scale
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Agree with iplayoutside19 I did not buy a food scale either. I like the postal scale because it weight in grams, oz, etc.
This discussion has been closed.