Hight fat vs high protein vs high carb diets??

Options
I've been reading a lot on the internet about counting macro numbers, and everyone says something different. Some people say that it is most important to have your diet consist mostly of proteins, whereas other people say that a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet will force the body to lose more weight. I don't know what to choose! My MFP caloric goal is at 1,200 cal/day. I am 5'2 and 160 pounds. I have already lost about 20 pounds just counting calories, but I have gotten off track and want to kickstart my weightloss again. Thanks!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The only thing that causes weight loss is having a calorie deficit.

Macros are personal preference.

Higher protein tends to make people feel fuller longer and can help with sticking to calorie goals.

Getting enough fats are important for hormone regulation and feeling satiated. Some vitamins can only be absorbed if you get enough fats in your diet.

Carbs are important for regulating serotonin in the brain, and its the first energy source for muscles when you workout, so not eating enough carbs can cause your workouts to suffer and lead to some depression. Not to mention that getting enough fiber is really important and cutting carbs can cause you to become constipated.

Basically, balance is what is important. There is no type of food that is evil and will prevent weight loss.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The only thing that causes weight loss is having a calorie deficit.

Macros are personal preference.

Higher protein tends to make people feel fuller longer and can help with sticking to calorie goals.

Getting enough fats are important for hormone regulation and feeling satiated. Some vitamins can only be absorbed if you get enough fats in your diet.

Carbs are important for regulating serotonin in the brain, and its the first energy source for muscles when you workout, so not eating enough carbs can cause your workouts to suffer and lead to some depression. Not to mention that getting enough fiber is really important and cutting carbs can cause you to become constipated.

Basically, balance is what is important. There is no type of food that is evil and will prevent weight loss.

QFT. Especially the bolded part.